Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna hit this beast with a JL 1000/1. will keep updates on the install and glasswork.:happyhapp It's a Pioneer TS-W2000SPL. This thing is huge!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
match the sub rating to the amp. If the sub can handle 1000+ watts, make sure your mono block the sub.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well according to Pioneer, it'll handle a JL 1000/1 on EACH coil, and with the JL's ability to run the same amount of power in 2ohm or 4ohm, I think I'll just use one with the coils wired in parallel for a 2ohm load. I dont want to tax the electrical system any more than i will be on top of the fact that I just can't afford another JL amp. 1000 watts on a single 12" sub is PLENTY for me. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
thing is huge, and weighs over 300 lbs, good luck with the sqr.ft. box on that one in a mustang

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lol, yea that was funny, they put that big ass sub in that lil ugly car. I feel bad for that cars electrical system because in a month or too all his stuffs gonna blow out lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A billion watts can just mean an inneficient sub.

Huge and heavy doesnt equal good. Billion better subs out there for less money than a pioneer. Pioneer sub...lol.

edit: heh, sorry around the resurection of the topic, didnt notice the second page was months ago in this forum.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
picked that sub up for 95 bucks on ebay. DB Drag champion in 05 was with this sub.... I ended up selling it and installing it in a Cobalt with a Kicker 1200.1. It metered a 142db reading at the windshield in a 1.75 cuft enclosure with a 4" port 6" long. A single 12" sub just sitting in the trunk hitting a 142.... yeah that sucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.