Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....so I ordered this charger that you plug into the 12v outlets of each car....and though it took like 30 minutes I was able to get my Mustang started.

The good news....I let the car run for awhile....revved it for a bit....and just before I left I turned it off and then tried to start it again. It started right up like the battery had never gone dead. So this is a good thing, right ? lol

The not so good news....I now have a display on the dashboard that says "TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR FAULT". What is up with that ??? I didn't even know the 2007s had TPMS. Is this just a case where the codes have to be cleared by my dealership because the battery went dead ? If I had already purchased one of those tuning modules, can that thing be used to clear any fault codes ?

As always....any info you can give me will be much appreciated !

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if disconnecting the battery will reset that or not.
So Mark.....what does that mean ? Are you telling me I might be stuck with that message staring at me forever ??? lol

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Or 1 of your tires is just low on air it depends on wha tmessage you got if its low air pressure than the tpms sensor light will come on but wha tyou described sounds like a sensor issue in general and they might need to be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Fuzzy you got that code because 1 of your tpms sensors is not reading right ithink. You might have to go to the dealer so they can reprogram the sensors.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It is either that, or one of the tires has low air. My number one complaint about this car are these dumb tire pressure sensors. I hate them!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I think you can go to Autozone and they can clear the code for you

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Did you drive it at all? Try driving it around the block to wake up the sensors. Turn the car off, and restart, hopefully should be off.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have heard quite a few times the monitors must be programmed. I'm not sure if this is a mechanical adjustment or if it feeds something into the computer which much be programmed to interprit the data.

If all else fails, the dead battery may have cause the computer to lose the TPMS programming?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.