Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car (91 vert) has never ending problems...are all mustangs like this?

literally i get one thing fixed...then something else goes wrong almost instantly..

heres some examples:

install new stereo..motor goes out of time
switch starters..then the trans leaks
put lowering springs on..the brake light stays on and break line leaked(fixed)

see what im mean its driving me nuts

even though my motor ran on prolly 1/2 quart of oil for a few days it ran an drove fine...(motor is junk way before this)..

this car is almost as bad as a girlfreind...needin money and lots of attention

·
Registered
344 Posts
thats cars for ya!! just think after a while everything will be new and you wont need to replace anything else(well until the cycle starts over)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats cars for ya!! just think after a while everything will be new and you wont need to replace anything else(well until the cycle starts over)
some of my older cars ive had never had ne thing after another..

my cars sittin out there now undrivable cause of the trans fluid leak..im bout to give up on it

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but do these things happen every 28 days.......:D[/quote]

lol no...it happens once a week 2 weeks if im lucky

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You know how it is. Its a love/hate relationship. When its good, its good, but when its bad, it marriage. JK

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Once you start ading mods and the miles get up there, you might as well forget making this your everyday driver.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once you start ading mods and the miles get up there, you might as well forget making this your everyday driver.
yep i think imma try to sell what i have an get a new car an save this for a project

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if its got wheels or boobs its gonna give ya problems it don't matter how many days in between oops there she is - i gotta ga
well my ol bat is goin to the spa...by that i mean rebuild time...im parkin it tommorow an the motors comin out...im goin through the whole car...may not have a car for a while but oh well

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
if its got wheels or boobs its gonna give ya problems it don't matter how many days in between oops there she is - i gotta ga

Isnt that supposed to be "If its got tits or tires, its gonna give ya problems?" Either way, that aint no sh*t!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
my car (91 vert) has never ending problems...are all mustangs like this?

literally i get one thing fixed...then something else goes wrong almost instantly..

heres some examples:

install new stereo..motor goes out of time
switch starters..then the trans leaks
put lowering springs on..the brake light stays on and break line leaked(fixed)

see what im mean its driving me nuts

even though my motor ran on prolly 1/2 quart of oil for a few days it ran an drove fine...(motor is junk way before this)..

I had an '87 Fox in 1994. It was 7 years old. Now I have a 1991 and it's 18 years old. I'm doing the exact same things I was doing to that '87. Window motors, door locks, battery,radiator,water pump,thermostat,A/C, but mostly just little things going bad (wearing out). Luckily no motor-trans problems. But yeah, I've got everything done on mine(repair-wise) and now my RPMs are acting up, maybe the cable is loose....but it's always gonna be one thing after the other I guess.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Well, I have a '94 (14 years old now) and the FOX body's are even older. Older cars ARE going to have their problems.
When I first got my '94 I was having problem after problem, but ever since I've gotten it all fixed I don't have any problems really except a very slow coolant leak somewhere.
I hope that doesn't curse me, I'm probably going to hop in my car now and have something go wrong.

I like the "t!ts and t!res" saying. That's no joke it's the dang truth.
You can control your car but good luck trying to control your wife................

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have a 89 crown vics with 337,000 on it and i drive it everywhere trying to kill it, has 20psi of oil pressure, bad main bearing, and just keeps on going, the mustang however is just like yours, fix one thing the next is there as soon as im smiling that its running right, had water in my oil, fixed it drove it smiled went to go out that night wouldnt crank, battery was good, cables were so corroded internally so im afraid to be happy with it however i did smoke a G35 with it yesterday

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.