Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate all these young kids who have all these crappy honda's,that are sup.'d up. HONDA'S ARE NOT MUSCLE CARS!!!!!!! why try and make it go faster then they are made to go?!! I guess I'm bitter because I haven't got a chance to add mod's to my '01GT,and these "Rice Burning" bucketts of fibberglass are
leaving me in their smoke. Don't get me wrong,I put up a hell of a fight,but I can only hold them off for so long. Sorry guys I just had to put out some of my anger,because I just went to the store and that's all I kept running into.
Makes me wanna choke somebody!

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
First just consider why young kids have hondas and the like: low insurance premiums & price.
And then think about human nature, they want their rides to stand out, to be different.

I think it doesnt matter if its an Import, Domestic or exotic car, most car nuts will try to get the most out of it, being visually or performance-wise.

Taste is another matter entirely, you can see RICE Stangs too.

So relax, and enjoy the ride, you win some, loose some :)

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
I hear ya, but as they say "different strokes for different folks". I won't say I hate em, hell, if they can make a 4 banger faster than my stang, more power to them, gotta respect that!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I do respect them - to a certain extent.

Think about it that way. If you have a 2200 pound car and you have a stock motor with 200 HP they already have a hot setup. If they put a turbo or sc kit on (only about $3,500) they can put down about 300 HP which makes them cars fly.

How ever if you have a rice burner and you want to do a under $10K, 9 second car, you won't make it.
These cars are very easy to make them quick, but they hit that line of huge investment for minor speed/time gains alot earlier than a big displacement mustang. (in relationto 1.8 or 2.0 liter motors)

After all I just have to say: Even if my stang is slower than a moded rice burner @ the same amount of money invested, they still don't have the V8 sound, the style of a mustang and of course the fealing of riding an "all american made legend"

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree

No guys,I agree! I posted that last knight(late),just tired and annoid!
The main thing that really upsets me though is that I was talking to another
GT owner at a local bar about our cars,and a guy that I know piped in and said "My car will smoke both of yours in a heartbeat!".(4 banger-Honda) I was so pissed!
I replied "Yea,I bet it would,But If I still lived w/mom and dad and had them pay for all my upgrades,I'm sure we would have a diff. story",he was seemed!
Not only that,but put a factory/stock Honda-whatever on the line against a GT stock,see who smokes who?....he didn't have much to say after that.
Also,you guys are right,there is nothing better than the sound and feeling/power of a "All-American Made" Mustang GT.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wanted style and power to tool around in. I don't need to be the fastest and I didn't get my car to teach people a lesson. Who cares if somebody likes or dislikes my car. I didn't get it for them but it does turn heads. Not alot of ego here but come spring I'd rather hear "Oh yeah, Mustang convertible!" instead of "Doood, Bitchin' Civic."
People that pull up and rev on me, I don't bother with. When I rip it up, it's with friends, of all makes.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Kohaku said:
When I rip it up, it's with friends, of all makes.
100% correct!
One of my friends drives a Acura RSX-S, an other one has a Suburban with a 454cui. Gee I was driving pretty much every make before I bought the Stang.
It doesn't mean that if someone doesn't drive a Stang he's gotta be an a$$.
It's all about peoples personality.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'd rather hear "Oh yeah, Mustang convertible!"

I already hear that one around here even in winter time. Sometimes even in the dead of winter it's still not too cold to put the top down and tool around town, so I do. I get all kinds of looks from the 'WTF is that guy doing" to the "hell yeah, cruisin topless" look. I've even had people ask if they can go for a ride, complete strangers even.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
FunkyBoss said:
I hear ya, but as they say "different strokes for different folks". I won't say I hate em, hell, if they can make a 4 banger faster than my stang, more power to them, gotta respect that!
True words i agree with funky boss...
Remember, those rice burners have a long @ss power band. my buddy had a acura integra with a type r swap or something like that, and he would be at 8 grand in 2nd gear going like almost 80, i would be in 3rd gear at that speed lol. but anyhow, i used to race with my other friends 04 tiburon supercharged and that would beat a lot of things around town... and he kept up nice with my car.

You know its all in your preference, but i personally rather spend the money i would use to mod a cheap rice burner and just buy a faster car in first place, because it gives you a better platform to start in.

I got punked by a SRT 4 on the highway the other month., i was in 5th a/c trac control on and right hang on girlfriends shoulders. and hes jerking his car forward and back, and by time i down shifted into 4th and punked it at same time he did he was pulling on me harder than other people i have raced have ever pulled on me. you win some and you loose some (it pissed me off lol) but there is always someone faster than you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
carguy1985 said:
True words i agree with funky boss...
Remember, those rice burners have a long @ss power band. my buddy had a acura integra with a type r swap or something like that, and he would be at 8 grand in 2nd gear going like almost 80, i would be in 3rd gear at that speed lol. but anyhow, i used to race with my other friends 04 tiburon supercharged and that would beat a lot of things around town... and he kept up nice with my car.

You know its all in your preference, but i personally rather spend the money i would use to mod a cheap rice burner and just buy a faster car in first place, because it gives you a better platform to start in.

I got punked by a SRT 4 on the highway the other month., i was in 5th a/c trac control on and right hang on girlfriends shoulders. and hes jerking his car forward and back, and by time i down shifted into 4th and punked it at same time he did he was pulling on me harder than other people i have raced have ever pulled on me. you win some and you loose some (it pissed me off lol) but there is always someone faster than you.
You 100% right(aswell as everyone on here!),there IS always someone bigger and badder than you,but it just sux!!!!! (as anyone knows!). I just needed somewhere to b!tch last night,and I knew this board would understand (because I knew the wife wouldn't care or understand!..LOL!)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
mustangman01 said:
You 100% right(aswell as everyone on here!),there IS always someone bigger and badder than you,but it just sux!!!!! (as anyone knows!). I just needed somewhere to b!tch last night,and I knew this board would understand (because I knew the wife wouldn't care or understand!..LOL!)
yea man, i understand completely, you should have heard me talking to my g/f tha tnight after the srt4, she told me to shut up lol and she loves talking about cars lol.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The main thing I hate about "ricers" is the wings. They bolt on a a wing (sometimes higher than the roof of the car) and think its a top fuel dragster because they can pop the clutch at WOT and spin the tires. Sometimes I think about buying a sn95 V6 car and putting a stoked 351 in it with nice quiet exhaust just to smoke all the unsuspecting rice. :happyhapp To each his own I guess.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
The main thin I hate about Rice (besides the attitudes of the drivers) is the complete lack of style.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
right on the money!

LOL!!!you couldn't have picked a better topic," The Wing".I always tease my wife when we see cars w/big ugly wings on the back,telling her I am going to buy her a "wing" like that and maybe a set of "daytons" for her civic. She tells me to shut up,and I just laugh!

·
Registered
701 Posts
dollarbill said:
The main thing I hate about "ricers" is the wings. They bolt on a a wing (sometimes higher than the roof of the car) and think its a top fuel dragster because they can pop the clutch at WOT and spin the tires. Sometimes I think about buying a sn95 V6 car and putting a stoked 351 in it with nice quiet exhaust just to smoke all the unsuspecting rice. :happyhapp To each his own I guess.... :rolleyes:
Absolutely right!

Can someone tell me why you need a huge f-ing wing in the back when the car is actually a front wheel drive ?!?
Gee, that's when respect stops and the redard factor jumps in.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
I think we're talking about two different types of ricers here. Do I respect the punk a$$ kid with his stock motor with wing and fiberglass whatever.... hell no! But then you have the "fast and the furious" J/K :laughlitt ! Seriously though, there are some guys out there that have the same addiction we do, SPEED! They just have different (read: worse) taste than us. Can you imagine what the Porsche and Ferrari drivers say about us? "Damn, I can't believe I just got smoked by that punk kid in a cheap a$$ Mustang". Funny, but I am sure it happens.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The big wing on any serious FWD car needs it to keep the back end from lifting. It's not always about drag racing. If you're on a road course (or the high way) doing 150+ in a FWD car without a wing you'll feel the back rising. I don't think the wheels ever came off the ground but it can't be good for handling or safety.
But lets face it, most aero/ground effects on any street vehicle is for looks, gas mileage then speed. And we're all guilty of that in some way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good point!

Funky Boss, you are very true!,only image what other people,driving Porche's(ect...) might say!(?). BUT!, I grew up around mustang's,and now I "FINALLY" have one I can call my own, So I don't really stop and think "outside the box"(even though I should,and you guys just made me realize it). I only see what I know,and I only know what I see(in front of me, on my driveway.LOL!!!!).

·
Registered
230 Posts
A place very near to where I work as all sorts of mod'd Honda's being driven by guys who probably make like $5000 a year- they're all under 23 or so, and everyone of those Honda's is BUTT UGLY!!!- between the bad paint jobs, unpainted body kits, and sub-woofers that are bigger than their back end! I agree, nothing can replace a nice Stang! Rice owners know it too!

·
Registered
66 Posts
greatest thread ever.:D

i cant stand ricers. i live in a fairly small town, but they're just everywhere. i think most of it is because of the fact that junction city(my town) is right outside of ft. riley.. and theres alotta GI's with riced cars.. i could go on all day about this (one crx driving around actually has "RICE" in big yellow vinyl on his rear windshield). and yeah, there are plenty of them where i go to school at. but yeah i think its all about the guy who drives the car.. most of them are a$ses, but yeah..cant stand em
(lol this should be pinned as the official ricer flame thread) hehe jk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.