Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda new to the whole car thing i am only sixteen i purchased my first mustang last january and now that i am driving away from my parents i noticed only one wheel spins what is the problem?
thanks for the advice

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
If your car was equipped with a Trak-Lok differential, it's in need of a rebuild. If your car has a more typical car differential, then it's perfectly normal. All that's happening is the car's power is being fed to the wheel with less traction.

·
Registered
316 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
If your car was equipped with a Trak-Lok differential, it's in need of a rebuild. If your car has a more typical car differential, then it's perfectly normal. All that's happening is the car's power is being fed to the wheel with less traction.
Judging by his/her screen name, it appears that he/she has a 2003 GT. If that is the case, then it should have the Trak-Lok differential. Or maybe the car has too big of tires and not enough power to spin both of them (I'm assuming you are doing a burn-out or something like that, correct?) like me (stock motor with only exhaust pushing 315 Goodyear's...Only my left rear spins at times, but then sometimes both do:handball: )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.