Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you guys get the bottom side passenger bolt off? I got both the driver's side easy and then I managed to get the top passenger's with a few extensions but this bottom one just seems impossible. I managed to break it loose with a break over bar and a 12 point socket but dont have enough room to work with to actually keep loosening it to get it off.

Also, is it possible to remove the bar that sits just under the transmission and connects to I guess the K-member on each side underneath the car or is that a no go? I just need to find a little more room and that would help out to where I could just use the break over bar and get it out. I have a new hatred for the starter location too -___-

I got my mufflers in today and they will be installed tomorrow morning :D at least that's something I'm looking forward to. Once they have my mid pipe back in stock I'm gonna order it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
It shouldn't be that bad at all with a 6 pt deep socket on a swivel, and about 12"-18" worth of extensions behind all that. Looks like you've already hit it with some PB Blaster..... All I can say is keep bangin' away at it. It's in a ****** spot, yes, but it really shouldn't be that bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used about half my can spraying all 4 down and it helped A LOT lol. I'll give it another go tomorrow after school.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts