Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to do some body work on the Mustang. Installed the new Mach hood. I took off the color matched front bumper, holy-crap, that thing is heavy. Since I dont like the front bumper on the '73's, has anyone seen or dealt with using a different bumper? Maybe T-bars like some of the cali-customs off tghe past? Maybe using one from a previous year 'stang? Any suggestion would be helpful. I hope to keep you posted with this thread on the Re-do. I've read, and re-read the thread on here as well as other threads concerning the ' low budget paint job ' via foam rollers and Rustolueum. I'm going for it after I tackle getting all the dings and hail damage fixed. Wish me luck.

I'm still trying to get wheels info, I know what wheels I'm looking to go with, but Discount tire couldnt even tell me what would fit on a 1973 Mustang.

Thanks again and I look forward to ya'lls comments, concerns and idea's.

Lanny

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
You can use the bumper off the 71-72 which is smaller the 73s is huge.Try Vintage Wheel Works and Mustang Wheels and heres a small wheel chart http://www.dodgestang.com/Tire%20Fitment%20Guide%2071-73.pdf
Only thing i can tell you is go to a rim shop ask if they have a wheelrite it will let you test any rim and tire combo you can think of even back spacing so you you know what will fit before buying anything.The problem i see what Rustolueum is you have to put on many thick coats it might not look right finshed and the panel gaps might look too tinny.And if you want a normal paint job later down the road you'll have to fully strip that Rustolueum off it.I found a site you might like Newstalgia Wheel, American Racing Wheels, Boyd Coddington Wheels, Billet Vintiques, Colorado Custom Wheels, Cragar Wheels, Bonspeed Wheels, Foose Wheels, Radir Wheels, TQ Chrome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.