Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions needed on exhaust work on my midpipe

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  TonyGT 
#1 ·
Do you think an exhaust shop could fab a high flow catted prochmaber out of my spliced in prochamber. Honestly if I could buy the pipes that run from the headers to cats I could probably could weld it up myself. I think it will be cheaper to buy the cats and materials to do it, would be cheaper than buying a whole new midpipe.

#3 ·
Shorty clamped in to the stock cats. But i don't wanna mess with the stock cats since I'm in california. I want to save them and make a high flow catted prochamber basically. I'm think if it can work out it will be cheaper than buying a high flow catted x pipe.

#5 ·
I know I could do that but I don't wanna mess with the oem cats I would like to keep them perfect since I'm in California. I was hoping to make a whole new mid pipe out of the shorty prochamber. And just weld my stock h back together.

#10 ·
In all honestly I just got my car fully built with a lot of engine work I also did JBA headers that are carb legal, Magnaflow X-pipe with metallic cats,and a magnapack cat back system. And smog places don't even look under your car to see if you have the stock cats or not some places just make sure there are cats under there and if it passes then you are good to go. Personally I would not worry with going with a midpipe. And if anything just keep your stock one and just put your stock one back on if it doesn't pass then switch to your midpipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.