Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a nice looking balancer. Don't want to spend the big bucks on the Ford Racing or Romac balancers.

Summit has a nice steel one that is clearcoated. It's SFI approved but my car will never need it.

Anything to feat with Summit branded balancer? Any idea who may actually makes it for them?

Summit Racing SUM-C4270 - Summit Racing Street & Strip® Bracket Racer SFI Harmonic Dampers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Opinions appreciated.

I'm tempted to upgrade to a catted x-pipe in which case the dampener will wait for another day.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It is pretty hard to mess up a balancer. I have had good luck with Summit taking back anything that was not up to par in the past. I'd trust it.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I would usually say to go for it...it is SFI, which you should get if you are going to be changing yours simply to avoid the rubber crap poking out the back issue in the future...so it should serve you well...

BUT...

You should be able to find a Pioneer balancer for about the same price (well, $160 or so, which is pretty close) so why not get the name brand?

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Did you end up buying the summit balancer?

I'm about to place a order for their 28oz and wondered if your happy with it?

thanks

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you end up buying the summit balancer?

I'm about to place a order for their 28oz and wondered if your happy with it?

thanks
Yep, works great. Make sure you get the right timing marks lined up when on TDC on compression. I messed this up and was 180 on first go at it....

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Yep, works great. Make sure you get the right timing marks lined up when on TDC on compression. I messed this up and was 180 on first go at it....
What was the part # on that one? I'm in the market as well.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts