Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite my many problems thus far, I LOVE my GT.

But lately I've been really "feelin' it out", so to speak, and this thing is probably the least refined piece of modern engineering I've ever driven in terms of handling. It wallows in turns, makes potholes into sinkholes, and has enough drivetrain slack that it feels like the tranny is connected to the wheels by a loose bicycle chain. The car looks awesome, and the engine is loads of fun, but the overall "driveability" of this car could really use some work.

So I'm thinking that perhaps a suspension upgrade may be the next thing I should work on to get the most enjoyment out of the GT. What do you guys recommend for best overall street performance? I have zero plans of ever taking my car to the track... it's strictly a commuter. Just trying to make the drive a little more enjoyable. :gringreen

And I did try a search, but that feature doesn't cooperate here at work. I can search "mustang" in All Forums and I get zero results. :so

~HA

(BTW, I know the suspension upgrade won't address the drive train slop. One thing at a time! :hihi:)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have been eying the FR3 handling pack from Ford Racing, but I am also considering the Eibach Pro System Plus. The thing I am having issues with is finding a local shop to do the installation when I finally do make up my mind as to which kit I want to go with.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I run Steeda Ultralights, Stangsuspension strut mounts, and Tokico D-Specs. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I plan on doing suspension upgrades as soon as I get all the springs and control arms purchased. Eibach and BMR is the route I plan to go.

You think this car handles bad? The Charger I traded with a suspension kit was equal to this Mustang stock. I know this car has the ability to get alot better. All manufacturers save money in this area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.