Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade exhaust and wanted to know how this axle back has been received...:wavey

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ltngdrvr....I know you are on here alot but thought you had more to add...Guess not....move along :worship

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looking to upgrade exhaust and wanted to know how this axle back has been received...:wavey
I have had mine on the car for about 12,000 wonderful miles now. These are definitely loud as was stated earlier, but sound the best imo. The tone will change with mileage as carbon building, but only for the better as it becomes a little less raspy. I sound at WOT is amazing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So all they do is change the sound? No real HP gains? I hope I am not reading that right from the thread link that was posted. GOing to be very disappointed if that is the case. Are there any out there thatr offer minimal drone with HP gains?

J

·
0 Posts
So all they do is change the sound? No real HP gains? I hope I am not reading that right from the thread link that was posted. GOing to be very disappointed if that is the case. Are there any out there thatr offer minimal drone with HP gains?
Dude! Catbacks or Axlebacks will give you 5-7 HP at best. If you want real HP gains you have to do Longtube Headers and an X-pipe, either off road version or highflow cats. These new 2011s come with a decent dual set up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Dude! Catbacks or Axlebacks will give you 5-7 HP at best. If you want real HP gains you have to do Longtube Headers and an X-pipe, either off road version or highflow cats. These new 2011s come with a decent dual set up.
Yeah, I get that. It's just doing my homework specifically about the Roush is that it seems they don't add any HP but only change the sound. If that's the case, I am going to choose a different solution like Dynomax Catback or Pypes Catback, which I will get the 5-10Hp to make it worth it. Right now, I am holding off on headers until I dsee a few more options on the table.

·
Registered
562 Posts
wolfy63: Scoot's assesment above is pretty close to mine. I've had the Roush on my Vert auto, for a time now, so if they are going on a manual, there might be some differances. I found: Idle and start up is to die for. Rumbles and sounds like a V8. Normal around town driving, If you stay off the throttle hard, you hear every shift, but the sound is reasonable, and won't get you in trouble with the law.....let it rip though and well, WOW, the sound is LOUD and wild....cruise at 50 is stock quiet, some slight drone at 1800 to 2000 rpm in the 65 to 80 mph range, (may be less in a coupe) but livable, not overbearing.....there is a fairly simple solution to quiet this system some if you are interested. I modified it some as Grandma thought it was a little too loud for her......best regards Plum

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Axle backs are only for sound. There is minimal hp gains. Do you really think that 2 or 3 hp will make you any faster? If hp is what you are after get an off road xpipe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
I put Roush AB's on my son's V6 auto.
They drone hard at 1200-1500 at part throttle, drives me crazy but he likes it. A car wth 3.31 gears would robably not notice this but the 2.73 gear cars will run that rpm at hwy speed.
Like the others said they are loud.

J

·
0 Posts
I put Roush AB's on my son's V6 auto.
They drone hard at 1200-1500 at part throttle, drives me crazy but he likes it. A car wth 3.31 gears would robably not notice this but the 2.73 gear cars will run that rpm at hwy speed.
Like the others said they are loud.
I've heard that same complaint often as well, some people love them though, to me they scream Japanese tuner! Borlas sounded the best, specially the touring, but I got the Magnaflows at cost (my second choice), it wasn't worth the extra $350 for the Borlas at retail.

·
0 Posts
Your not gonna really notice a huge difference wit a 5 hp gain but they sound great a little ricey off the line but when you open up at wot its fantastic ps don't expect a v8 sound out kf a v6 you will be dissapointed lol that's whyy I will be ofdering some bbk long tubes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts