Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, so I am 56 years old, diabetic and I just dont see very well, good enough to drive and all that but these resto books have such small images in them that I cant really make things out without glasses that are made to look like coke bottles. Ok so I found a set of diagrams and bought the rights for the company and scanned them into the good ole computer, in real high res, reduced the images to two colors and printed them at 36 inches wide by what ever the picture dictated, in most cases about 24 inches. And there is was the diagram in living black and white, no more squinting or doing whatever contortion I had to do to see those diagrams in the books I have. I scanned for the 65, the door, the windows, the back window area and operators, the front end, the head lights area, the fender areas, about 8 different scans. So I took them to a local mustang meeting and people went crazy over them, I ended up going home empty handed and had to print them again, this set is hidden in the garage. But now I have people calling me asking for them. I am not sure I want to be in this business but I thought I would ask this forum if a product like this is something that you would purchase. Or if it was just a couple of stang freaks that are not seeing any better than me. Let me know what you guys think. I have the rights for 64 1/2 through 73, most of the diagrams are good but they look great big, they are now my wall paper in my garage. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So how much for a full set for a '68?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) I can't imagine that there would not be a demand for something like that. It would certainly be useful to a lot of people.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted to know if folks like you and others would even want this stuff, so there is nothing at this moment for sale, so I have no price to give to you, also you can help me a bit, doing the 68 no problem but what do you want, interior, exterior, body parts, doors, windows, etc etc. It would be a great help to know what people might consider a complete set.
If I do end up making a biz out of this stuff I will let you know. Or worst case for your help I will make you a set and you pay for the shipping.
Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would consider a "full set" to be every print you have for the '68. I'm not sure how many that would be. If it would be like 50+ prints, then I could see a SET being the "overview" print for each "section" with selected additional prints for stuff that requires more detail (such as electrical or interior). How many prints are there for say...1968? Are they model/option dependent or does the 1968 interior print cover all options?

I guess you would need to figure out what you need to get per print to cover costs/make profit and figure out if you can do a "set" for less than "individual" prints.

I would certainly be interested depending on price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a full set

Pat

There are probably 100s of images that would could get but I only have like 15 per model year, for 65 - 73, they are somewhat basic in that they are the blowups of various things. The door, the total body sheet metal, a few for the dash, (3) 2 for the motor area, under carriage, but not as many as you suggest. The fact is I am not interested in a profit thing, more just a thing where people have access to the stuff for cost. Paper and Ink mostly, the rest is sort of push a button and let the printer do its thing. But there are not 50 for each car, or I should say I dont have that many, just a few. I think what I will do is scan an entire year, and post them on the web to a place where people can view them, and then decide if the value is worth the money. I like them but then that is me.

Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mike...If it's 15-20 prints/model year I would certainly be interested in a "full set" for 1968 (and maybe '67 because of the "cross-over" potential). If nothing else my wife has access to a "poster size" laminate machine and I would laminate them and hang them on the garage wall for a quick, easy reference.

What are you thinking...cost wise...for a "set" for 1968?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.