Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:waveyHi
This is my first post, so Hi to all from Wales Uk.
My 1965 convertible is missing the windscreen washer bag and hoses etc, its like they never were there, was this an option in 65 or something the last owner never got round to replacing?

Paul

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
welcome to the pages!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... It just looks like there's something missing in the engine bay. I will see if I can get one over here, but twice the price probably.

cheers

Paul

·
Registered
460 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Phoenix AZ,That would explain it :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have just looked at the link you gave Mustang specs and it was a dealer option. You would have thought it would have been a necessity, with all that dust, but then again I have never been to Phoenix...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well Hot and dry climates ) Arizona,New Mexico,Nevada Florida...very rarely see sleet or other stuff that may require a splash of water onto the windshield to clean it.

Or if it rains then that with the use of the wipers would be enough

·
Registered
895 Posts
According to the Mustang Recognition Guide and an older Ford referance book the washer was an option in 1965.
It was part of the "Visibility Group" that included the 2 speed wiper, washer, remote outside mirror, and Day-Night interior rearview mirror.

Now the washer kit was avaliable as a dealer installed option and had two part numbers. The Washer for a 1 speed wiper kit was C5ZZ-17A603-A and there was a universal kit C1RZ-17A603-A.

But one thing everyone has to remember is that these cars have been on the road for 45 years, people could have added a 2 speed wiper when their old one went out, or added a remote mirror, they could have removed it all when the car was "restored" at some point, etc....but from the factory the only way to get a washer was as part of the visablity package, regardless of the DSO for the car.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
That agrees with my memory of the cars when new. My Dad owned one that did NOT have a washer, and bought it that way new.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I found an article that discusses options for the 65 Mustang and specifically mantions the windshield washer option. Can't vouch for its accuracy, though.

HowStuffWorks "1965 Mustang Options"

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here's another site with a list of options for the 65 Mustang. I believe the "Visibility Group" would include the windshield washer.

1965 Mustang Options

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you to every one for help in answering this question,its been great to listen to people who actually grew up with the Mustang and was oveously part of your every day life, who might even remember the adds, great stuff... it was just Triumph Heralds, MG's, and Morris minors for me.Thanks again.

paul

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey I got weaned on(grew up with) 50's & 60's TriumphTR-4's, TR-6's, MG's,MGB's,Hillman's ,Austin Healy's Austin A40's,and Morris Minor's as well.

I have some greats pic of some of those cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I no there's nothing wrong with them, but they never seamed quit as exotic (if that's the right word) to a boy growing up in rainy Wales, they were like space ships to me, just like guitars, we had Hofners you had The Stratocaster.... Any way I'M rambling. Cheers

paul

·
Registered
895 Posts
I know what you mean, in high school I had a 54 Ford, 67 Galaxie 500, 67 Mustang etc.... but I too want what we don't have here. So that is why my daily driver is a 1969 Austin MINI, I have a Fiat X1/9, and have owned all kinds of odd ball cars, just because they were differnt than the standard Mustang coupe all my friends have. I love Mustang's but it really takes something differnt to get me going for one like a Cal-Special, Shelby, even a 65-66 Convertible, just because you see so many 165-1973 Coupes.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.