Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just decided between a 370Z and the Mustang, decided to go Ford, after all a Mustang was my first car. So I ordered a GT Coupe Premium 400A manual, with Brembos, and 3.73 gears. Price agreed upon was $33200 so I believe I got a pretty good deal. Saw some of the other posts, and am kinda worried now. I ordered 6/11 and dealer told me 6 weeks. Does not look like that is going to happen. Anyone else ordered around that time and got a VIN or any details yet?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered 6/4 and don't have my VIN either.
But i'm not worried yet. I'm hoping to have it by 7/4.

As for price, anything around invoice is ok.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I ordered my 2011 on May 22, "order was picked up" by Ford (according to the dealer) on May 27th. Still no VIN. I am trying to get information from my dealership and that is one of the hardest things ever. I literally just called Ford Customer Service to see if they could track it down but with out an order number (and a dealer code, which I have) they can't find it. So, I e-mailed my dealership.... again. The representative from Ford said there had been a hold on the 5.0 Mustangs because "engineering wanted to take a look at something" but that it was lifted on June 17th. They are back to shipping and producing. I'm thinking this is why my dealership doesn't have any information for me. Still no matter what, the new Mustang will be well worth the wait.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
First welcome to AFM.

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless they run out of allocations, you should be ok.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yes, welcome to AFM, enjoy the forums !

Six weeks is more then likely not going to happen. Based on the info from my dealer and Ford Customer Service, I think it will more likely 8-10 weeks..

Again, thats just my own estimate based on the fact that the cars are being built and shipping again..

Oh yes, based on the model you ordered and the options you mentioned , it sounds like you got a pretty good price.

Good Luck !

:yup:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ford customer service has told me 7/5 for ETA to dealer. Ordered 5/27, taken by Ford 6/4. Dealer originally told me 8 to 12 weeks. I think Ford is catching up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on your order.
I ordered: 4/15 (GT-Premium/Manual/Glass-Roof/Comfort/19")
Got VIN & Window Sticker about 1 week later
Production Date: 5/19
Still getting the ETA runaround. CS says: "At Factory" Dealer says: "At RR head in central Mass. I say: "I want it now!"

Good luck. All reports I read indicate that the wait is worth it.
Lot's of 5.0s arriving to happy owners now.

-RadioRich:wavey

·
Registered
319 Posts
based on the fact that I actually recieved my car on 6/16 after order was placed 3/30. I got a vin with 3 weeks and build date of 5/3 the a promised deleivery date of 5/12 which was changed to 5/22. I still think Ford did a good if not very good job at making th car within my needed deleivery time. After all this is a brand new car with new engine, tranny and steering controls..!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.