Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will install with Roush rear springs I received recently.may also have to go with adj.panhard later, what do you think.Seems like a fairly simple install in my garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
06tungsten1 said:
Will install with Roush rear springs I received recently.may also have to go with adj.panhard later, what do you think.Seems like a fairly simple install in my garage.
Should be fairly straight forward. What I don't understand is how to disconnect the parking break cable.

I figured that when the time comes to do the mod I'll figure it out once I'm under there. (I hope.)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Those are kinda nice- I haven't seen them before. How much $ and where can you get them?

I'll have to take a look again, but I think the original LCA's have the parking brake cable going through them so you'll have to R&R the parking brake cables. Otherwise, it looks fairly straight forward.

I watched these guys on Discovery Channel putting a bunch of mods on an '06, and they just took a torch to the original LCA's- cut them right in half, so they wouldn't have to undo the parking brake lines....wish I still had a torch!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CHE performance has instructions on their site for complete install.brake is included

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I saw that, that's what's confusing...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once you get under the car and look at it i think you will be able to handle it.these LCA.S are quality @128.05 plus shipping.if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself then dont try it,safety first.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
If I can't install the LCA's then I have issues. I do brake jobs, have done pulleys, valve body gasket, have rebuilt automatic trannys in college, and worked on military aircraft.

I will attempt a twin screw install and exhaust system in my garage before it's all said and done.

The pic just looks confusing, and I'm leary of creating sparks from cutting anything near the gas tank... call me paranoid.

I also don't feel to comfortable getting under a car on jack stands (on all corners - that is)

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
helicfii said:
Those are kinda nice- I haven't seen them before. How much $ and where can you get them?

I'll have to take a look again, but I think the original LCA's have the parking brake cable going through them so you'll have to R&R the parking brake cables. Otherwise, it looks fairly straight forward.

I watched these guys on Discovery Channel putting a bunch of mods on an '06, and they just took a torch to the original LCA's- cut them right in half, so they wouldn't have to undo the parking brake lines....wish I still had a torch!
Removing the parking brake cable is a one minute operation. You really have to remove the wheel anyway to do the install right. Just ziptie the cable to the new LCAs when done.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
06tungsten1 said:
CHE performance has instructions on their site for complete install.brake is included
CHE is good stuff. LCA install is any easy 1-1.5 hr install on jackstands.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
stlwagon said:
Removing the parking brake cable is a one minute operation. You really have to remove the wheel anyway to do the install right. Just ziptie the cable to the new LCAs when done.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Those look like they have nifty little cable hold downs on them already. I'was going to get boxed but I might go for those.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Foolinjected said:
Those look like they have nifty little cable hold downs on them already. I'was going to get boxed but I might go for those.
Oh, that is a nice touch. Cable ties look kind of cheesy anyway.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Do the Anti-squat LCA relocators really make a difference?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
LCA relocation brackets allow you to alter the vehicle's instant center by varying the control arm angles. Good for racing.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Do you have to jack stand the car on both sides or do you install one side at a time? Did the jack go on the axle housing?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Do you have to jack stand the car on both sides or do you install one side at a time? Did the jack go on the axle housing?
I'd raise both wheels on jackstands by the axle. But only do one side at a time. If you remove both stock LCAs, the axle might rotate and you'll have a tougher time with the install. Recommend removing both wheels to make the install easier. Especially since you have to detach the emergency brake cable at the caliper (it just slips right off).

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
stlwagon said:
I'd raise both wheels on jackstands by the axle. But only do one side at a time. If you remove both stock LCAs, the axle might rotate and you'll have a tougher time with the install. Recommend removing both wheels to make the install easier. Especially since you have to detach the emergency brake cable at the caliper (it just slips right off).
Thanks for the info stlwagon … now which ones to get? My son who'll get this car part time next year will want the Steeda bling I bet.

R

·
0 Posts
I really like these guys' products.

Black is very nice looking.

How is the vibration and noise now with the poly bushings?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts