Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i ordered my new rear end today from newtakeoff. went with the 8.8 w/ 3:73s. should get it sometime next week...monday more than likely because i only live 2 hours away. i was going to go pick it up BUT they close at 4 and i have class till 3 so i couldnt. shipping was only 75 tho. anyways, im going to have it installed sometime BEFORE next weekend and i had a few questions. is EVERYTHING completely bolt on? take all the rotors and other stuff off my 7.5, transfer it directly to my 8.8 and hook it right up? also can i just change the setting in my tune from my livewire? pretty sure i can, but better make sure. also iv got a few other mods i installed today. got a set of mgp caliper covers and mirror covers. so far theyre pretty awesome. the caliper covers really set off my wheels, ad the mirro covers finish the white look. id post pics but i guess me and computers dont get along, so i cant get my 400$ camera to upload a few damn pics. seriously hate computers. anyways, ill let u know if i beat the computer enough to get it to work.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Sounds sweet, the car is really coming along. Im glad to hear you ordered the 8.8, and I really can't wait to hear your opinion on it. I want the 3.73 gears as well, so you'll be a great source of info. Did you go with red brake claipers? Can't wait to see the pics.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i may try to tackle it. go a buddy who is lead mechanic at a sprint car shop..also does some automotive on the side. hes got a car lift..makes life just that much easier. im gonna rent it from him for 20 bucks, and he'll help me out when i need to lift it in.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cant get em to be thumbnails....but there ya go. haha, not bad for a farmer! :bigthumbsup let me know what u think, and if u have any answers to my above ^^ questions. thanks

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also, another question just hit me. would it be wise to go ahead and change out the gear oil. say with royal purple..or just leave it? thanks...im real excited so that explains why i keep commenting my own thread haha

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I don't see why you'd need to change the gear oil unless you prefer Royal Purple or something else. The stock stuff will work just fine.

You should be able to adjust your speedo with your Livewire. Go to upload your tune and before you do you should be able to go to options or something and change it. I don't remember the exact terminology and my X-cal 2 is a little different but it should be similar.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Congrats on the 8.8 rear and the 3.73s! I bet you will love it bro! I am going to have my 3.73s installed in a few weeks. Your car is coming together real nice man, Keep us posted for sure.:bigthumbsup

How much did that set you back, if you do not mind me asking..?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
man that sounds nice, but i know how busy you are farming and schooling so i`ll pm you my address and you can have it shipped there and i`ll make sure nothing happens to it :D

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha, alright. keep an eye on it for me right? i wont get it back from you still hot from comin off your car? lol looks like i got most of my questions answered, thanks a lot guys. im just waiting on the call now, so i can go down and fork lift it off the semi. c a n n o t w a i t! ended up dropping a pretty penny...like 9 something with tax and shipping. its a chunk...but i got a lot of cash flow comin in the summer, so ill be ok whether i could have got a better deal or not. i think ill just leave the oil, but probably paint it black before i put it in...leave the pumpkin cover silver. ill let yall know when i get it. today would be nice, the guy said it was possible, but im expecting monday or tuesday. then ill have it in sometime before friday, depends on the weather and if i can get back to planting corn and drilling beans or not haha. gotta make that bacon row by row

·
Registered
954 Posts
Congrats! Those MGP covers look nice!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, made sure came with the cobra pinion flange. turns out they had trouble using my visa... but i got it cleared up today. ill def have it monday though.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
iv only had my covers on for a day...already got like 10 compliments in town. about every stop light...at the gas station, at the bank, at school, even my girlfriend likes them. she hates my car cuz i buy more stuff for it than her...haha just dont tell her what i dropped on that axle :gringreen

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
delivery day is tomorrow! :hihi:

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bout 1/8in..mayb a little more. when i got them i was afraid they wouldnt fit...but i jimmyd them through the wheels and made sure it fit before i even tried

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.