Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
woo hoo! got my axle today. they had a few problems with getting my card to run though..one was my fault and another was theirs so i left it even. customer service at newtakeoff is great. they helped me out, kept me updated, and were very interested in my purchase. it came today on a truck. i got it unloaded and started painting. just semi gloss black. figured it wouldnt hurt, and would make it look a ton better. i used the blue selephane(spelling?) wrap to mask off stuff i didnt want painted. works out great. ill start with the instal soon as it rains again...im too busy farming right now. ill make a new thread when i begin, and follow through with pics and stuff.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
just watch for a thread sometime early next week. even though i dont ahve to..i like to baby stuff for a while. im gonna run a break in period as if i had installed gears in my 7.5. just heat cycles and light driving till 100mi....then its game on! going home right now to apply another black coat....then calling my buddy to see if he has time to help out today! :happyhapp

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
just watch for a thread sometime early next week. even though i dont ahve to..i like to baby stuff for a while. im gonna run a break in period as if i had installed gears in my 7.5. just heat cycles and light driving till 100mi....then its game on! going home right now to apply another black coat....then calling my buddy to see if he has time to help out today! :happyhapp
Good... I say screw the crops and get busy on the car! :shigrin

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
haha...well im 3 weeks behind. with 7000 acres....behind isnt an option. its been dry all week so i been workin my tail off to get everything in...gotta make hay next week. i got everything painted tonight before i came in, im going back out later...running on 3 hours of sleep. rain tomorrow, so should install too if i get time. im ordering an aluminum DS sometime this week too...whats the best brand? theyre all pretty much the same...so far im leaning towards PH

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
haha...well im 3 weeks behind. with 7000 acres....behind isnt an option. its been dry all week so i been workin my tail off to get everything in...gotta make hay next week. i got everything painted tonight before i came in, im going back out later...running on 3 hours of sleep. rain tomorrow, so should install too if i get time. im ordering an aluminum DS sometime this week too...whats the best brand? theyre all pretty much the same...so far im leaning towards PH
7000 acres??? Holy ****! :happyhapp

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
haha, yea no kiddin! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Shaftmasters and Spidershafts are both good DS. Honestly, there all just about the same. No big difference from one brand to the next, if you can find one cheap, I say go for it.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
im ordering an aluminum DS sometime this week too...whats the best brand? theyre all pretty much the same...so far im leaning towards PH
Dynotech is the ultimate. The Shelby factory uses those. They cost more though.

If not that one, then Shaftmaster or PH. I went with the Shaftmaster.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
i may go shaft master

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.