Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a base model 2013 gt. I like to order the boss shift knob. Do I still need to get the other shift boot? Or that was only required for the 11-12?

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a base model 2013 gt. I like to order the boss shift knob. Do I still need to get the other shift boot? Or that was only required for the 11-12?

Thanks
I had to order the "premium' shift boot with the boss knob for my 13 GT/CS. So yes it is necessary.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it from my local dealer and it was cheaper than part heaps.com. Came out to $96. With tax for the boot and knob..

Next.... Flashy pedals.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Niz, you're going to really like that knob. Looks super sharp, and 2nd to 3rd is just a forward push. You got a decent price, too.

Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just ordered the Boss knob and shift boot today for my '12. I think it looks the best of all I have seen online. Hell AM is out of stock on every knob they carry. So I said F it and ordered the expensive Boss knob. Knob and boot $98 from parts cheap.I hope the boot is not a PITA to install

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's not that bad, just take your time with clips.
I also had to clean the threads on the shifter to be able to screw in the new knob all the way.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have the Boss 302 knob + GT500 alcantara boot and it's great. Really improves the interior look and like others I too think this knob is the best option (OEM prob wont fade, etc).

Installed it w/ a Steeda Tri-Ax + Barton 2 post shifter bracket - now it's like a brand new car. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice! I am thinking about ordering a Boss shift knob soon. The 401A aluminum shift knob was stupid expensive, but it really accentuates the interior. :shiny:

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I have the Boss 302 knob + GT500 alcantara boot and it's great. Really improves the interior look and like others I too think this knob is the best option (OEM prob wont fade, etc).
+1 on the Boss shift knob. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Parts came in and went to dealer and picked them up. Made sure their we're no scratches on the knob before I left. It was all good. Install was very simple. Just be carful with the clips. Stock boot came off pretty easy and the premium boot went in even easier. shift knob also went smooth. I think it was 4 turns and it was tight.

I must say, I really really love this thing. Interior looks much better. Knob feels just right when your shifting threw the gears. I must say, shifting might have gotten better. Maybe is just in my head but I like it alot. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Do you have to remove the whole console to replace the boot?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Love this knob...thanks for the pix. Will be ordering one for my car (to replace the stock 401A ice cube/branding iron).

BTW cloth seats win (can't get 'em in Canada :nono:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes you do. Pops outs pretty easy.
Ok from what I've found using the search , You just open the console lid and grab the rear cupholder and pull up..Is this correct?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts