Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had my 2011 5.0 for about a month now. The mod bug has hit. I have the black billet grill (upper and lower), the blackout decklid panel, black 5.0 emblems, tinted windows, clearshield wrap for the front bumper, hood, fender, a-pillars, and mirrors.

I have been researching wheels, and I really like the forgestar F14's, but i'm gonna wait until I need tires.

I just now ordering the Roush Axle-back exhaust.

When I get home on Friday, I plan on making sure my xcal3 from my old mustang can be married to the new mustang, then I will order a BBR tune and JLT CAI.

My car came with 3.31's, so 3.73's will be going in soon too.

I also plan on the Boss302 intake manifold.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Check with SCT about your X3, I had one for my 08 GT, but couldn't use it for my 11 GT. They go by serial number I believe.
I will be trying to sell my x3 soon. Good luck with your mods!

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Well, I've had my 2011 5.0 for about a month now. The mod bug has hit. I have the black billet grill (upper and lower), the blackout decklid panel, black 5.0 emblems, tinted windows, clearshield wrap for the front bumper, hood, fender, a-pillars, and mirrors.

I have been researching wheels, and I really like the forgestar F14's, but i'm gonna wait until I need tires.

I just now ordering the Roush Axle-back exhaust.

When I get home on Friday, I plan on making sure my xcal3 from my old mustang can be married to the new mustang, then I will order a BBR tune and JLT CAI.

My car came with 3.31's, so 3.73's will be going in soon too.

I also plan on the Boss302 intake manifold.
Nice! I can PM you a 10% discount code if you plan to order anything from UPR Products. (we carry the BOSS intake manifold) What are your suspension plans?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check with SCT about your X3, I had one for my 08 GT, but couldn't use it for my 11 GT. They go by serial number I believe.
I will be trying to sell my x3 soon. Good luck with your mods!
Dang...i gotta wait till friday to check on that then because i am out of town.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! I can PM you a 10% discount code if you plan to order anything from UPR Products. (we carry the BOSS intake manifold) What are your suspension plans?
Absolutely send me a PM. I may be ready very soon to buy the BOSS intake.

As of right now, I am going to wait on suspension until I get the wheels figured out....not sure if i wanna go 18's, 19's, or 20's. When I get those on, I can determine how much drop I want and start planning suspension components around that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah....forgot pics!

I need to update my sig too!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,507 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
needs CS front fascia

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You like blue, huh? lol

Beautiful Mustangs, and boat!

HaHa....yep! I have a blue ninja zx-6r, and my daily driver is a blue toyota FJ cruiser!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I almost like that older Cobra-fied pony better! :shigrin Those are Cobra body parts on there, aren't they? Or did the GT's also come with that style of hood and fascia? I'm not familiar with all the factory variances of the older models. Either way, they're both sinister! :bigthumbsup Makes me want to buy an older 'Stang!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I almost like that older Cobra-fied pony better! :shigrin Those are Cobra body parts on there, aren't they? Or did the GT's also come with that style of hood and fascia? I'm not familiar with all the factory variances of the older models. Either way, they're both sinister! :bigthumbsup Makes me want to buy an older 'Stang!
Yep, those are cobra parts. I always loved the cobra hood/bumper....it also has a slightly larger lower grill opening for my intercooler. I recently got them installed because I didn't really like the idea of looking like a cobra-wanna-be, but I figured with 570rwhp on tap, it's not like it's just a slow car :winks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Beautiful rides man. You'll have to throw up some pics when you get the Boss intake installed!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
my friend's 90's cobra did a 13.1 1/4 mile. Quite impressive!!! That'd whoop my V6 PP in a straight line :worship

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Absolutely send me a PM. I may be ready very soon to buy the BOSS intake.

As of right now, I am going to wait on suspension until I get the wheels figured out....not sure if i wanna go 18's, 19's, or 20's. When I get those on, I can determine how much drop I want and start planning suspension components around that.
PM with discount code is sent!

Definitely check out our suspension too. Lethal Performance is running some excellent times with their BOSS 302 and our suspension! :cooldude:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts