Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a new premium manual v-6. I live in Calif where there is no snow or ice. Should I order traction control?

·
Registered
829 Posts
bg875 said:
I am ordering a new premium manual v-6. I live in Calif where there is no snow or ice. Should I order traction control?
If you don't go above the snow line likely will never use it. You can live without it given the 4 wheel ABS is still on the car. That could save your stopping distance and control on wet roads is in that system.
I say: nope

·
Registered
76 Posts
I personally would order it. I find it to work extremly well in just wet conditions. If it doent hurt your pocketbook too much go for it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. Since I have managed to live without it with all of the (20 or so) other cars I have owned over the years, I will pass on it this time.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
bg875 said:
Thanks for the advice. Since I have managed to live without it with all of the (20 or so) other cars I have owned over the years, I will pass on it this time.
Many of those cars had no SRS either!!!:happyhapp
I wished that my '97 Cobra had it for the wet weather, and it was first offered for the '98 MY.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It is nice to have when the weather turns wet, or if the roads are slippery. I also recall a post from a loooong time ago about the Traction control... there was this one user who had it in his Mustang and was greatful for it. The reason that he was greateful was that he had stepped on the gas to avoid an accident and the TCS prevented his tires from spinning. This helped him prevent the accident.

On another note, there may be an insurance break if you do have it.

In my opinion, it is never a good idea to skimp on safety.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm not sure if the 6 comes with ABS. I think the traction control includes anti-lock brakes. If that's the case, I would definitely go for the ABS with traction control. You use your brakes to avoid rear ending folks too.

·
Registered
758 Posts
bg875 said:
Couple reasons why you should get it:

1. Stock tires suck on the six and when its wet they will slip... T/C is a life saver.

2. I was going 60 with T/C active on a 25mph hard turn... Thnx T/C

3. A 90 degree turn with any inclination will almost always give you a T/C moment.

4. Doesnt everyone want cheaper insurance?!

Havent had her in any ice yet(snow yes) but im sure it'll help alot. Also ABS wont make you stop faster it'll just give you the ability to manuever the car after you have locked the tires.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hell yes, get trac control !

Sooner or later you will regret you didn't get it ...

·
Registered
70 Posts
bg875 said:
There is no abs only option on the mustangs. The only way to get abs is with tc. The abs/tc is standard on the gt and optional on the v6. I would definitely recomend the option

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Hoodlum said:
Couple reasons why you should get it:

1. Stock tires suck on the six and when its wet they will slip... T/C is a life saver.

2. I was going 60 with T/C active on a 25mph hard turn... Thnx T/C

3. A 90 degree turn with any inclination will almost always give you a T/C moment.

4. Doesnt everyone want cheaper insurance?!

Havent had her in any ice yet(snow yes) but im sure it'll help alot. Also ABS wont make you stop faster it'll just give you the ability to manuever the car after you have locked the tires.
How does traction control help on a 25 mph turn going 60, assuming your not on the gas already goin 60.
also how does in benefit #3?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Stoenr said:
How does traction control help on a 25 mph turn going 60, assuming your not on the gas already goin 60.
also how does in benefit #3?
Well I was accelerating and the light came on and stayed on so it had to of picked up one of the wheels slipping so it slowed the car down to keep me from sliding out of the turn. Although at no point did I hear the usually screetch of a slipping well thus T/C did what it was supposed to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts