Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Mustang GT and the air conditioning is not working. I am looking for a reasonable price solution. I could live without air condition because I am in Wisconsin but it is nice to have during the summer. I know Steeda and a few others make an air conditioning removal kit; would this increase performance much or at all? Is this a do-it-yourself job; I am somewhat handy with a tool box.

I replaced the engine but used the old accessories in the interest of cost and I am regretting doing that. Does anyone know of a way I get my air conditioning back to life but won't cost an arm-and-a-leg. The air conditioning unit seems to be making a fairly bad sound, almost like a grinding noise.

Any help or advice would be great.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not an expert on non-audio peripherals but if the kit's cheap, you live somewhere with a cool climate, and you can do the operation yourself, I would remove it. Otherwise I think the A/C uses a pump, which might be the issue, as it sounds like it needs more than just a refill of refridgerant.

Of course running it drains power, but so long as it's off, the only benefit of not having an air conditioner is the lost weight to not be carrying on board.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
if it uses the stock stuff ill sell you my set for a fair price. pm me if interested. if you like a/c id replace it. me i always have my windo down so i got rid of it. my stuff is factory brand new ive used it twice just to make sure it worked, it did, blew real cold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.