Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my father have an unrestored 65 Mustang that has its original AM radio that has never been replaced nor disassemble. The car has 65,000 original miles. The radio still works excellent until yesterday.
The car is most of the time garage kept. After more than a month without warming the engine up, yesterday we turn the engine on about 5 mins. In that moment, I turn the radio on, but suddenly, I couldn't turn it off or at least couldn't heard the knob "clicking" that tells you is on or off. It seems that something from the radio knob or where the knob attached was loosen. The radio knob seems to have play within it and doesn't make the "click" that indicates the on/off instruction. Besides that, we can't listen anything from the radio. I'm sure the radio works fine along with its speaker, think it could be something easy to repair, but don't know exactly what.

What can it be? Could it be repair without disassemble the radio? Hope someone could help me with this annoying problem.

Thank you,
sanluis09

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here is a link to plenty about your radio:

1965 Mustang AM Radio Repair

In terms of what might be wrong, take the cover off the radio. You can see if anything is loose with the knobs then.

Also, it might be something as simple as taking off the On.Off knob and tightening the bolt that is holding it in place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts