Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beleive the original sequential taillights from the 60's only sequenced when the turn signals were used not when the brakes were applied. Are there any out there now for our cars that will do this? I want sequentials but do not want ones that sequence when I use the brakes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SEQ Turn signals

You are correct. The original units were only tied to the turn signal and believe it or not they were actually mechanical. I motor and wiper actually made them work. I had a 69 Cougar with them.

Pat:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know the ones from Web Electric can be wired not to sequence the brakes. You need to run a wire from the lights to the Smart Junction Box in the passenger side footwell kick panel. One thing nice about the sequential brakes is it uses all three tail's as brake lights. Helps to wake up the numbnut dialing their cell phone behind you.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well, from what I remember some of the kits are setup to sequence once during initial braking and then go solid if the brakes are hit within 5-10 seconds if I remember correctly? I don't know if that matters to you are not.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
This is true... There's a Thunderbird at the shop I work at. I haven't actually done the turn signals yet though... :hihi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.