Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,450 Posts
I was thinking of setting up some gauges and I would really love to get a dial gauge for outside air temp. has anyone seen one?
just tape a red mercury thermometer to your a-piliar :gringreen i know newer mustangs have one built into the rear view but not sure what year that started, if you want to go that route from ford or a crashed one. i don't know about a dedicated ambient air temp gauge, but then again i've never looked. ;)

· Registered
89 Posts
The outside temp/compass auto dimming rear mirror is in a 2006 Ford Mustang dealer brochure that I got with my GT. I also know you can get them aftrmarket, its on my list of future mods (i've had it on several previous cars and really miss it).

John

· Registered
698 Posts
I was thinking of setting up some gauges and I would really love to get a dial gauge for outside air temp. has anyone seen one?
Cyberdyne makes some digital gauges, all different face/bezel colors. I doubt you will find any dial gauges that do ambient temp.

· Registered
3,133 Posts
Don't waste your money on outside temp gauges. just stick finger in mouth, hold out in air and walla...instant temp gauge :heha:

· Registered
465 Posts
I installed a replacement rear-view mirror that displays the outside temperature and compass reading, and also has the homelink feature. It was sold for the Mazda 3 and/or Tribute, but seems to be identical to the one that Ford sells for the Mustang. The Mazda mirror was much cheaper than the Ford version.

The only issue is that the sensor mounts under the hood, clipped up under the plastic cover between the radiator and the grill. Since my car is black, the temp reading shoots way too high when you first start the car, and it takes a few minutes to get air flowing by it so that you get an actual ambient temp reading.

Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.