Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, having had my 5.0 on order for over three months now, I've concluded that I'm going to cancel the order if it's not in my hands or at least in a final state of transit by the time July rolls around. I think that's more than fair, given their recent "all units shipped by end of June" claim. That said, I doubt it'll hurt Ford too much since I'll probably just go buy one off of a lot nearby.

I was interested in one that's basically identical to this one:

Wayne Akers Ford-New | NEW 2011 FORD MUSTANG | WEST PALM, FLORIDA | Stock: 116662

http://newwayneakersford.netlook.com/auto/USFLWPB/pic/11987273/AT10962909-bl-p1.jpg

My question: How do you guys feel about the Ford over-the-top stripe decals? How is the quality of the stripe, i.e. how will it hold up over time?

I personally think it looks decent enough with the blue-on-white scheme, although I wouldn't go with a stripe if I had much of a choice in the matter. The problem I'm encountering is that a lot of the configurations on dealer lots that offer the 3.73" axle, the Brembos, and/or the manual also seem to come up with either a stripe, or the hood/side scoops. I absolutely am not interested in non-functional hood/side scoops, but I can live with the stripe.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You can remove the stripe!

If you can find one that meets your needs and the only issue is some tape just pull it off and run a clay bar over it, then wax...all will be right in your world!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can remove the stripe!

If you can find one that meets your needs and the only issue is some tape just pull it off and run a clay bar over it, then wax...all will be right in your world!
I'm not sure if I'd be capable of rubbing $400 off my car :sosad:

·
Registered
453 Posts
That is a point if you have to pay for it...haggle the dealer to chop it off the price of the car...and have the dealership take it off!

Bottom Line...this car looks good with or with out stripes.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
im thinking of ordering this:

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wintermute
Be careful with that dealer :nono:
I actually wasn't looking to buy from that exact dealer; they just happen to have nice photos of the cars on their lot. What's wrong with them? And if they offer the kind of no-haggle X-Plan pricing, can I really go wrong even if I did go with them?

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,580 Posts
I myself Love the OTT Stripe, one of the selling points when I got my 2010 :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
81 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.