Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So after almost a year and a half of restoring my 69 mustang, I finally got it on the road. I was driving it and when i stopped a whole bunch of radiator fluid was dumped out. When i got the car there was an overflow cannister made of plastic, but it was cracked and broken. Because of this it wasn't resused. I need to find a replacment. I did try a universal overflow cannister one of the stainless steel ones, but it has both an in and out ports although there is only the overflow tubing. Any Idea where to get the original plastic ones that I need?

Thanks Sami

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am using a stainless steel aftermarket recovery tank on my 66 and it is working well. It took a few weeks to find and balance the correct fill level. The fluid returns back to the radiator after the engines cools down. I filled my radiator to about 1" below the filler neck. Then put antifreeze mix in about 1/3 of the recovery tank. When driving for a few hours I can turn the engine off and watch the recovery tank. It increases to about 1/2 full in the tank, it returns back to the 1/3 level the next day when checked and before starting the engine again. I am really not sure were to locate the correct tank for your 69? call Green Sales on Seymour Ave in Cincinnati, OH. They have been collecting OEM and NOS Ford parts for many years and have a huge parts surplus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts