Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 06 GT five speed about amonth ago with 23000 miles on it. In the last two weeks it has run hot with me twice. It is still under warrenty until Oct, so I took it to the Ford Dealer the first time. They said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and it didn't overheat during the test as you would think. So they changed the thremostat anyway. It did fine for a week and did it again today, so back to the dealer tomorrow. Has anyone had this problem or know of a problem like this with the 06's. Is there any way to get a report of any warrenty work that may have been done on the car before I got it? If they can't fix it this time we may have to fight over a lemon. I really love the car and would like it to run correctly. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Does the electric fan come on? When does it overheat. Stopped in traffic and really hot out? Whenever it wants? And how hot is overheating? What does your guage read? This information will help us AND the mechanics working on your car to figure out the problem. I'm a technician and have had many people come in saying there truck is doing something, but they don't tell me enough information sometimes or even tell me that it's an intermittant problem. We can't fix something that isn't broken when we drive it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
go to carfax.com i think there is a 20 charge, never buy a used vehicle without one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My VIN is JKBVNAN177A028824 please do the OASIS

The car over heats when it wants to. Don't know about the fan, will have to check. Gage pegs out and coolent overflows. The first time I was in a drive through, but was purposefully leaving space between me and the car in front. I didn't notice the gage going up, and didn't see the little idiot light. Also didn't hear a warning chime if there is one. Didn't know I had trouble till steam was pouring from under the hood. Let it cool down and headed back home. Temp rose all the way up again, but went down at road speed. Drove it to work and to the dealer the next morning (cooler air temp) without problem. They said they couldn't find a problem but I should bring it back the next day and they would change the thermostst. Drove back next morning with no problem, and home and all next week with new thermo and no problems. It ran hot again today (air temp about 85F) and boiled over again. This time it got week running and check engine light is on. Code P1299 Manufacturer control Fuel Air Metering two hits. Gonna take it back to dealer tomorrow, but would like to know of any warrenty work that may have been done, and I know they won't tell me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know where that number came from, I was half asleep. The VIN is 1ZVHT82H165179024 run the Oasis for me Please. Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
If the temp went down with road speed I'd bet the fan isn't working properly. But the mechanic should have found that but I never put anything past anyone. Sounds like you just aren't getting airflow across the radiator. Next time it gets hot, open the hood and see if the electric fan is running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, you were correct about the fan. Took it back to dealer today, a second tech couldn't find anything or make it run hot.Picked it up and headed home, and didnt get two miles and it overheated again. I turned around and took it back and drove it right into the service area with steam pouring from the hood. We checked and the fan wasn't running. Gonna replace the fan assembly tomorrow. Hope that solves the problem cause I love the car. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.