Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 3.8. My car was getting hot so I checked the coolant. It looked really dirty so I flushed it and replaced the thermostat. Now it still overheats but it leaks. It looks like it is leaking from the passenger side head but I have no signs of a blown head gasket. I think my radiatorwas not rusty but had stop-leak in it. Is there any hose or anything over there that could be leaking? It never actually overheated, just got to hot for me to be comfortable to drive it. I flushed the radiator two days ago and had only water in it for a day. It did not even come close to getting hot with just the water. What could be causing this?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I might have a craked head. But I am not sure. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I can't really see where it is leaking from. All I know is that it on the passenger side on the lower part of the engine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at it again but it only leaks when it is warm. I am not sure I want to drive it to get it warm. I see a freeze plug but don't think it could have popped out. Where are the heater core hoses at, because my heater does not work very good?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do I look to find the casting numbers for the head? I have searched and found a reman. for $150, but I need the numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.