Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 16' electric fan and my car is overheating, should the blades turn clockwise or counterclockwise,should the fan be in front or in back of the radiator. thanks:smartass:

89gt 5 speed, gt40p heads, trickflow street intake, e303cam, 70mm, 24lbs injects, 1.7rr, 17' cobras, a/c delete, gt40p headers

·
Registered
636 Posts
when the fan on it should be pulling air toward the engine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I installed a 16' electric fan and my car is overheating, should the blades turn clockwise or counterclockwise,should the fan be in front or in back of the radiator. thanks:smartass:

89gt 5 speed, gt40p heads, trickflow street intake, e303cam, 70mm, 24lbs injects, 1.7rr, 17' cobras, a/c delete, gt40p headers

Yes, the air should be pulled thru the radiator...sounds like the better question is, how old is your water pump? what thermostadt are you running? how is the fan wired in(thermostatically or momentary contact-switch)?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a new pump, put it on last month. I bought a relay kit and the thermostat is in the water neck port connecten to the intake. the fan is rotating clockwise facing the motor so the the blue wire is connected to the relay and the black to ground. thanks

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Is it pulling air through or pushing it back at the radiator? What fan did you buy?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's pushing the air into the radiator, I got the fan off ebay from a seller called skipwhite. The fan is rated at 2500 cfm

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
It should be inside the engine compartment pulling air through the radiator. What brand fan is it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing I have is the part # HC7105 16' fan. My fan is pushing air through the radiator and it should be pulling the air. So the fan needs to spin clockwise because my fan spins counterclock. thanks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got back from pull a part and bought two 3.8L taurus fans for $32 in good working condition and I paid $35 for that 16' proseries fan that did'nt do that great of job cooling my car. So I guess no more overheating,
thanks for the help :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
yeah, it should pull air through the engine, and be sitting inside the engine compartment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.