Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't want to sound critical, but I noticed the S/C kits (non intercooled) look like fans that crank air into the intake.

Isn't $3200 a lot for a fan and a few feet of hose? Can't someone just get the part created for another car, make a template for a mounting plate, and put it on themselves?

Am I greatly simplifying the working of the S/C? If so, how DO they work?

Guess I'm just jealous cause I WANT another 100 or so horses running under my hood.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Right now just about everything for the 05 and 06's is greatly inflated price wise. They say the prices will come down, I think inflation will catch up.

G

·
that supercharger price isnt coming down gents...i have a 2006gt and a 2000 mustang...the price for the 2000 hasnt moved a penny yet...dont wait for the s197 price to drop...oh yeh dude...by the way..i was gonna try that once...hook a mini fan to the intake...it does seem that simple

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
ssoss said:
Don't want to sound critical, but I noticed the S/C kits (non intercooled) look like fans that crank air into the intake.

Isn't $3200 a lot for a fan and a few feet of hose? Can't someone just get the part created for another car, make a template for a mounting plate, and put it on themselves?

Guess I'm just jealous cause I WANT another 100 or so horses running under my hood.
If you want to learn about superchargers go here http://www.superchargersonline.com/
look towards the bottom right hand side of the page and read "Superchargers A-Z".

G

·
ssoss said:

Adding boost to your motor is a great way to blow it up. What you are paying for in addition to the actual parts are the R&D, testing, Engineering drawings, dyno research, manpower, and material. In addition you are paying in most cases for the actual TUNER/ tune software required to ensure that heat/ cooling, boost, timing, fuel, codes, lubrication, reliability, waranty, emmisions, detonation, etc are all considering.
Hardly "bolting" a fan onto the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts