Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the car about 3 weeks ago, it was definately used, i posted some pictures already, it needs a tune up to say the least, so thats whats gonna happen first. I think after it has a tune up it will regain alot of its lost HP, or so I hope...

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
tune up and maybe clean up the fuel system a little.

:welcomeflowers: to the forum

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome aboard.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
800 Posts
great lookin stang. :bigthumbsup some people will rag on us 2.3s, but you might be surprised by what you can get out of that engine.
welcome to the site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its starting to run a little better the harder i drive it, i took it over 4.5k rpms and its ran better since, i guess i just had to blow out some carb buildup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
89 Mustang 2.3, Wet Weather

Ok my 89 2.3 hatch was running great before it rained and was forced to go thru that puddle against my will, it drove home fine but when i hopped back in a few hours later to go somewhere I got to the first stop sign and it died on me. It started back up and ran for another block or so then died again, the idle was erratic before it died both times, what is the most likely cause and are there any preventative steps i can take to stop it from happening...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.