Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just got my mustang aug. 13 and i dont really know much about it. It is white and has a v6 engine. its a 3.8L. its got chrome cobra mags on it. it has the srs(safety restraint system) symbol on the dash and steering wheel. its got mustang written on the back bumper and has a black horse on the steering wheel. it is an auto. but i want to make it a 5spd. i want to start moding it but i'm not really sure of wat to do to it. so if anyone could help me out in anyway then plz feel free to do so. i was thinkin of upgrading to a v8 4.6L engine for more horsepower but i also want to make my car a straight, i can get enough money to do it with, but idk how exactly to do it. i know i'll have to get a diferent tranny&drive train, but wat else do i need to do? i'm just a little bit confused so plz help me out. i want to make this car look very nice! any help will be greatly appreciated! thank you for reading and plz do help!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
you're plans are worth more than the value of the car. You're better off just doing the basics. upgrade your exhaust by finding an aftermarket cat-back (muffler), or find a dual exhaust kit-if you want the V8 look. Secondly, get yourself a cold air intake with a held tuner, like SCT. After that your good. If you want more research how much new, larger gears would cost. Keep in mind if your knowledge of Mustangs or cars isn't that great your going to be paying a mechanic for all the labor for the things I mentioned. It can get costly. Have you had the car inspected yet? I would start by paying a Ford certified mechanic, like at a dealer, to do a multi point inspection first. After you find out your car's in good shape, start your mods. If you want more than I mentioned, buy a GT.

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Be sure to post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:hello:AND:welcomeflowers:THE SITE.
Don't forget to post some pic's in your gallery. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Check out our V6 section, you'll get more info in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.