Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i took the whole dash apart, took the radio out etc. I went to connect everything up and now the wires for the 16-pin connector will not let the radio push in. What do i do? I have them routed up to on top of the radio, should it go a different way? And now, i connect everything up and i think my battery is dead, but my radio wont turn on. This is a previous problem (the battery, not the radio) , but I was waiting to install the PIE FRD-04 first in case I had any problem I could already be at the dealer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did you get that chip replacement?

I'm thinking of getting this PIE AUX device myself but I want to be sure the recognition problem is solved.

·
Registered
70 Posts
fitch615 said:
Ok, i took the whole dash apart, took the radio out etc. I went to connect everything up and now the wires for the 16-pin connector will not let the radio push in. What do i do? I have them routed up to on top of the radio, should it go a different way? And now, i connect everything up and i think my battery is dead, but my radio wont turn on. This is a previous problem (the battery, not the radio) , but I was waiting to install the PIE FRD-04 first in case I had any problem I could already be at the dealer.
There is a bracket behind the radio. The way I did mine was to route the pie harness down behind this bracket. If you put the harness in front of the brack the radio wont go back in far enough. The end with the 2 connectors that plug into the vehicle harness and the radio goes at the bottom and plugs into the radio there. The end that plugs into the adapter is at the top. I put a piece of velcro on the top of the radio and the bottom of the adapter, to hold it in place.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a ton.. I finally got it. I was gettin very frustrated. Now, the hardest part of the installation, the wiring. Did you wire it into the 12V right there or did you wire it straight to the battery. If to the battery how did u fish the wires? What do I need to remove for that. Please let me know which connection. I have heard no to the 12V right there and i have heard yes... what is it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
fitch615 said:
Thanks a ton.. I finally got it. I was gettin very frustrated. Now, the hardest part of the installation, the wiring. Did you wire it into the 12V right there or did you wire it straight to the battery. If to the battery how did u fish the wires? What do I need to remove for that. Please let me know which connection. I have heard no to the 12V right there and i have heard yes... what is it?
Sorry I haven't checked this in a few days. I have the power for the aux adapter tapped into the 12v line for the socket at the top of the center stack. Mine has been connected there since september with no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts