Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well seeing as how the other thread was to talk about the differences between plastic and metal cai's ,i'll start this one. K.J.cinci in previous threads i remmember JONNYZ gaining roughly 65rwhp with a tune from his BBR heads. the thread was quite extensive if i recall with multipal posts by you and him in regards to this same subject. i was a little shocked at your post saying you only gained 30rwhp, why the big difference? ill review threads to see if i can find but it was a while ago. thx vynle.:?:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
vynle said:
well seeing as how the other thread was to talk about the differences between plastic and metal cai's ,i'll start this one. K.J.cinci in previous threads i remmember JONNYZ gaining roughly 65rwhp with a tune from his BBR heads. the thread was quite extensive if i recall with multipal posts by you and him in regards to this same subject. i was a little shocked at your post saying you only gained 30rwhp, why the big difference? ill review threads to see if i can find but it was a while ago. thx vynle.:?:
sorry... had missed this post...

i don't have the exact peak number but it's not even 30 rwhp!

there is double that in the cams!

65 is quite possible with the lower compression (larger valves) and cams in addition to the P&P work. I'll get some mild cams as soon as they are avail... prolly with the s/c install...

my car runs awesome now with stock cams! the p&p work really helps to open things up but engine ci and valve lift/time remains... you can hear my car using the air (sounds blown on occation!) but that's a combo between the huge intake, heads and headers...

we also left the cmdp's stock size, smaller than my intake ports due to compairsons for an article...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts