Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I have an 06 GT with a BBK cold air intake and Pypes x-pipe with cats. I also have Pypes Violator mufflers. After the installation of my x-pipe these two dtc codes came up on my car. They're cat effeciency codes. I have my car tuned to an 87 octane and sometimes a 93 octane tune through SCT. Even with the tunes the codes do pop back up after I clear them. What is the best way to fix this problem? I have inspection coming up soon and am looking for a solution. Any help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
How many miles on your car? Your rear 02 sensors may need to be replaced. They are only good for about 30K to 50K

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have less than 30k on it right now.. i was thinking there is too much oxygen getting to the O2 sensors due to the high flow cats.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It could be due to them being high-flow cats but it could also be since the position of the rear o2 sensors changed. You will probably need a custom tune to take care of your issue.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I doubt it has to do with the hi-flows. I had the same codes but they cleared up when I had new rear 02 sensors the same time I had my pypes catted X installed. I had prochamber with hi-flow cats and I didn't get the 0420 and 0430 codes until about 65,000 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ dysan, i have a tune set up for everything i have on my car including the pipe. i talked to someone from sct and the only thing they could do is turn the O2 sensors off for me but that wouldnt help

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Sct isnt in the custom tune bussiness. You should talk to one of the vendors tuners like American muscle and get some custom emmisions tunes for your mods. You can them tell them of your problems with your stock basic sct tunes, so they can modifiy you a new high perfomance tune and still get those codes to clear for your emmisions testing.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
muckerpuck, i forgot to mention but i do have custom tunes on the tuner with my mods applied to the tunes. american muscle dealt with the custom tuning

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
muckerpuck, i forgot to mention but i do have custom tunes on the tuner with my mods applied to the tunes. american muscle dealt with the custom tuning
Have you talked to them? See what they recommend, if you got tunes from them you should have tunes for life.They might need to tweak the tune a little. If you have worries contact American muscles newest most talented tuner chris rose, hes a member here and hangs out in the american muscle marketplace section, hes a great tuner and should know whats going on there.

And you could post up the actual trouble codes, somone may have had the exact same problem and know the solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have talked with them and they really didnt lead me in any direction. the code has been gone for a couple days now but if and when it comes back on i think i will ask for another tune and see if they can adjust something that may be causing the problem. i was talking to a guy named ryan at first but ill see if that chris guy can help me out. does he have his own email address or is the only way of contacting him through the american muscle support address?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.