Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i was washing my engine off when I believe I accidently got water on the right blinker wires that were stripped to allow power to get to the halo headlights. well I go to turn on my car and it starts, and then starts to putter and go down to way below one RPM and then die. I also noticed that my right blinker light on my dash stayed on, and the service engine light came on. Whats weird is it only does is sometimes. Mostly when I turn the A/C on. I go to autozone and they give me P1414 which means short circuit, but I have no clue how to tell where the short circuit is and what to replace. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I looked up the code and it says: Secondary Air Injection System Monitor circuit High Voltage. It said it had to do with a heated oxygen sensor. So you probably got a sensor wet. Maybe near the headers?

It says the possible causes are:
Open AIR monitor circuit from the pump
Air circuit short to power
Damaged solid state relay
Open AIR pump ground
Damaged AIR pump
Damaged PCM

U

·
0 Posts
yea i had this problem too, figured out it was the air pump and relay... since i don't have the right equipement Ford wanted to charge me $720 to fix it, yea right, so i just took it to my friend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.