Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this code thrown at me for about a month now and I've tried 2 different adjusted tunes from Bama; including one after a Data log.

I'm also getting a slight rough idle when the car is cold and it eventually goes away. I've made sure everything was tightened right and I still can't fix the problem.

How would I go about checking to see if my o2's are bad? Would I be getting worse symptoms from a blown gasket?

Anyone gone through this recently and found a solution?

All of my exhaust mods include- 93R Tune, BBK headers and Cat X along with a CAI and some custom fitted axle backs.

·
Registered
518 Posts
So I've had this code thrown at me for about a month now and I've tried 2 different adjusted tunes from Bama; including one after a Data log.

I'm also getting a slight rough idle when the car is cold and it eventually goes away. I've made sure everything was tightened right and I still can't fix the problem.

How would I go about checking to see if my o2's are bad? Would I be getting worse symptoms from a blown gasket?

Anyone gone through this recently and found a solution?

All of my exhaust mods include- 93R Tune, BBK headers and Cat X along with a CAI and some custom fitted axle backs.
Did you use oem or bbk gaskets?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OEM. It's a 2011 so they were about 3 years old and 18k miles on them.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Albert,

I'm surprised you're having this particular code. It's hard to say if it's the O2 sensor, O2 extensions, or tune causing the issue. However, I already sent your info over to one of my best Bama tuners. He's going to work with you until we figure this out! You can expect a call within the next 24 business hours too.

If you need assistance with anything else, please let me know!

Shane

·
Registered
631 Posts
Anyone figure this out yet? I've got 2013 with only mods being GT-500 axlebacks w/o resonators and got 11,000 miles on it that way. CEL came on 3 times now with that same code. Dealer says they've never seen it before and has no idea how to fix it. Apparantly they're just resetting the code and giving it back to me. Last time (today) they told me to run 3 tanks of 87 octane through it before I bring it back in since I've only ever put 93 in it from the same station 99% of the time.

F

·
0 Posts
Anyone figure this out yet? I've got 2013 with only mods being GT-500 axlebacks w/o resonators and got 11,000 miles on it that way. CEL came on 3 times now with that same code. Dealer says they've never seen it before and has no idea how to fix it. Apparantly they're just resetting the code and giving it back to me. Last time (today) they told me to run 3 tanks of 87 octane through it before I bring it back in since I've only ever put 93 in it from the same station 99% of the time.
Hey cdog1157,

Not sure if you saw my other post, but let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had this code throw on me about 8 months ago that turned into a 151 then a 131 when I switched the rear o2 sensors around. I took CRC MAF cleaner and sprayed the sensors and the wire connectors. I also double checked all exhaust fittings. No codes ever since then.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I pulled my MAF sensor out, cleaned it off and my CEL finally went away. Three trips to the dealer and Who knew it'd be that easy? I should offer my services to the tards at the Ford Dealership, at their normal labor charges of course.

F

·
0 Posts
I pulled my MAF sensor out, cleaned it off and my CEL finally went away. Three trips to the dealer and Who knew it'd be that easy? I should offer my services to the tards at the Ford Dealership, at their normal labor charges of course.
Glad to learn you took care of this, cdog1157. I’m more than happy to document your experience with your dealer for you.

Deysha

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well scratch that, the CEL came back on again. I did put 2 tanks of 87 octane thru it at the same time I cleaned my MAF and then switched back to 93 and CEL returned. Gonna try a few tanks of 87 again before I drive it off a cliff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts