Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi is the PAC 127C2R-FRD1 a necessary component for my mustang? I am about to get a AVIC F700bt or 900bt and i was wondering if i need the replacment interface and what does it actually do?

·
Registered
214 Posts
What year of stang?
Go to installer .com for possible interface applications. My experience with the new Avic's suck. They are slow and have had an firm ware update already. My advice is go with the Kenwood DNX 5120 or better yet the 7120 or 8120's. Besides the navigation is Garmin. Best and eeeeasiest to use.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the review but i dont like kenwoods layouts. Do you have any other reccomendations? and what dont you like about the AVIC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah that is a sacrifice i think i am willing to take and i have remote start so ill just take my time getting in the car. I think i have come to the decision to get a new harness instead of the PAC Radio Interface, i think i am going to get the METRA 70 5521 harness and get 5v regulators, any comments?

·
Registered
2 Posts
06 Shaker 500 install

I just purchased a Kenwood DDX616 for install into my 2006 V6 with a Shaker 500 stereo. How did your install go? Which harnesses did you utilize. Like you, I do not want to buy the $129 PAC adapter.

Thanks,
Cory

A

·
0 Posts
I believe that's the same one i have. You just need the 5v regulator from radio shack, look at my other post for info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.