Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did research on here and on google, didnt come up with much in the way with reviews.

I have been looking for some shory headers and ran across the pacesetter's on stage3motorsports for like $189, I dont really care what they look like because hey are hard to see anyway. Just wondering if they fit ok and made well, I dont want to get them and have them not sit right or somthing.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I did research on here and on google, didnt come up with much in the way with reviews.

I have been looking for some shory headers and ran across the pacesetter's on stage3motorsports for like $189, I dont really care what they look like because hey are hard to see anyway. Just wondering if they fit ok and made well, I dont want to get them and have them not sit right or somthing.

Why comes to mind. You're not going to pick up any HP with them and since you don't care what they look like...what's the point ? That's alot of work for no gain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put a Pacesetter 4 into 1 header on my Cavalier Z24.Seat of the pants feels a lot stronger mid range.I know it's not a Mustang,but will be going to Test and tune at Norwalk 10 July 2009.I usually run 16.0/16.1 in the quarter at 85-86 mph.Will let you know.

Was dynoed a few weeks back at 130 hp to the wheels with just an AEM intalke and a 2.25" exhuat with a Borla turbo muffler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i bought them off of ebay for cheaper than that- same ones- cheap black ones. The truth is they fit perfectly. they looked like crap a couple weeks but they still work good no leaks. they were PIA to install. I had to take the steering shaft apart.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why comes to mind. You're not going to pick up any HP with them and since you don't care what they look like...what's the point ? That's alot of work for no gain.

Im going to run a SC soon and it will make me feel better knowing my headers are not just standard exhaust manifolds, just something build to flow a little better than stock.

I have read a lot that they do not change anything, im ok with that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think most people choose between JBA and BBK. Not everyone wants long tube headers (more expensive, obnoxiously loud, low ground clearance, illegal in some states).

The shorty's do give a bit better throttle response and maybe some mid range torque. I think most dyno results show them picking up 5 hp or so. That makes the dollar per horsepower spent extremely high. Whether or not you care or not depends on how wealthy you are in general (as in all things) and how badly you want the sound.

They really do smooth out the exhaust note, which not everyone likes. The drone from my stinger is less obnoxious, so they get a thumbs up from me.

The bang for you buck is pretty low, but it's you're money, spend it how you like. I see plenty of people on this board with underdrive pullies, which are pretty much a waste of $200. At least you will hear the headers...

If you're going to get a supercharger, then you're probably better off taking the money and putting it towards that install, than headers. Long or short.

Whatever you decided, get some Stage 8 locking bolts and use these for the header install. It's cheap insurance against a header leak.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You get 2, so you could poop on one ,and cover it up with the second.:gringreen

·
Registered
914 Posts
If i were me getting the headers id go with longtubes being that shorties flow just about the same as stock you wont pick up much any horsepower with them.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I think most people choose between JBA and BBK. Not everyone wants long tube headers (more expensive, obnoxiously loud, low ground clearance, illegal in some states).
Actually a few popular brans are AmericaRacing, Kooks and SLP.
None of these are obnoxiously loud unless you have some flow through mufflers with no cats.
As for ground clearince the AR are so up tight, they are in the same place as the stock mid pipes.
Yes some states that are illegal SO..:hihi:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.