Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacific Coast Highway Stampede

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  turn2 
#1 ·
In the "How Many Miles" thread, I mentioned driving up PCH from Morro Bay to Carmel or Monterey. Late April or early May was mentioned. However, due to previous commitments, (Baker to Vegas-late April and a 50 hour coast to coast motorcycle ride the first week of May) I would be looking for middle of May to anytime in June. If enough interest is shown, I will set up all the details, but I would need to know how much time people would be willing to commit.

The "Stampede" would start in Ventura and end in either Carmel, Monterey or even San Francisco. The portion of PCH between Morro Bay and Carmel has some of the most spectacular scenery in the world and the road with its twists and curves is what this Mustang was built for.

The actual trip itself will take about 10 hours, including gas, food and photo opportunities. It can easily be done in a weekend, but three days would be best. That way we could hit the 17 Mile Drive while we are there.

So, any and all that are interested, speak up and I will start the planning. Things I will need to know are which weekend from the middle of May through June. Choose an alternate weekend as well so we could get the most participation. Also, if anyone would be interested in the three day trip. Either way, let me know so I could check out lodging prices and work out a deal.

As for the final destination, Carmel, Monterey or San Francisco, let me know your choice for that as well.

Either way I'm going. I drove that route twice in 04, once in an Excursion and once on my motorcycle. I can't wait to do it in my Mustang. Loking forward to hearing back from those interested.
:drink:

See less See more
#2 ·
You stud!! :worship

I'll take a look at my calendar and get some potential dates back to you, but at this point I am definitely interested. Sounds like a BLAST!

:drink:

#3 ·
I cant do a 3 day, but once I get my 05, I'd love to visit for a day.... I'm in the Reno area, and I dont think that two 80# dogs would be comphy in the back seat of the stang, thats IF I even let em get back there. Dog Toenails and leather may not mix.

Tim

#4 ·
I live about 45 minutes-an hour from Monterey/Carmel (used to work there)and would love to hook up when you arrive....especially if you decide to head further north on Hwy1 toward Santa Cruz, or even further toward "The City". If so, there's a great stop on the way in Moss Landing for a meal, and some awesome photo spots (like you wouldn't have already found plenty on your trip so far) as well all the way up.

#5 ·

Hi,

I'm interested in mid-late May weekend run. Keeping us posted and setting a firm date would help people to set the time aside for the run.

#7 ·
i am ready... anytime!! i make my own hours at work. cant wait for the cruise. i drove LA to SanFran, but i took the 5... so PCH would be great! :naughty

#8 ·
Just a FYI........Took a drive through Big Sur over the weekend. Gas is at $3.39, and going up. So plan your fill-up's wisely.

#9 ·
Hey, just to let everyone know... May 14th at California Speedway... open drag night. $20 to drag your car! I am going, let me know if anyone else is going so we can hunt each other down! Just ordered the C&L intake also. So EXCITED! :strut

#11 ·
i have to wait for my schedule for baseball to come out. i should have it within a week or two. :green

#14 ·
i am still in! :heha:

#15 ·
down

anytime before june 13..I'm down..

Sonic GT
Auto
Chac
ALL upgrades
Flowmst

#16 ·
I'm in!!!

I took the PCH drive from L.A. to San Francisco in my 2000 Mustang about 4 years ago. I'd say it's about time to do it again. It's an incredible drive.

#17 ·
I had the same thought in mind. Pick a weekend in June and I'll build my schedule around that date. I'm thinking three day weekend. I've been looking for a reason to "kidnap" my wife. Put me on the list, let me know.

#18 ·
Onewildhart...

LETS DO SAT AND SANDAY JUNE 4th AND 5th. if this ok with everyone we will start making a trip guide. Just keep posting! :green

#19 ·
It's the only weekend I can't make it. If there's another option, perhaps a week later that would work. If there's not, oh well.:shrug

#20 ·
its up to onewildhart... i was just throwing the date out there to get things rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.