Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Looking to buy original paint for 1966 Mustang. Code is 05. Tried PPG and they don't have it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
PPG should have it, looking at the 1966 paint chip code sheet I don't see a 05. Most all of the paint codes are 4 or 5 digits. You don't want to go off the Letter or single number, ie Signal Flare red is Paint code 5 on data plate but code for PPG is 71529.

Let me know what your color is and I can give you the code, I just picked up PPG Delstar from my local paint shop for Paint code V #22610 Emberglo Poly with no issues. Or give me your email I can scan the sheet and send to you.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I'd say find a different paint store. My local Dupont dealer had a 60s Ford paint chip catalog on the counter and knew exactly what I meant by Ivy Green. These colors are NOT difficult to find. Nobody will have it 'on the shelf' since all auto paint is a custom mix. Any store has all the equipment to mix anything and everything, all they need is the formula or you can have them mix a special blend of any color you can imagine. These colors have been in the paint catalogs for many decades now. Some may only come in certain paint types but Ivy Green was available in essentially any kind of paint that I wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts