Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple paint ships on my hood that are no larger the a quarter and i was wondering if the best thing to do would be to just get some touch up paint from a local auto parts store and put that on. If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
get a little tube of bondo filler and push a little bit in and sand around the area, use some touchup paint over the once the area is smooth, wet sand and repeat and voila.

·
Banned
56 Posts
take the car and get it painted dont waste your time trying to fix it if its chipped or like rock chips on the hood of course you can bondo it then to the touchup paint on it but it wont look great. Depending on what kind of paint you have on the car already is gonna give you a idea of how to fix it. But what the other people said would work but it would be like fixing the chip painting it then when you sand that your gonna have sand marks that your gonna try to paint over with touchup paint like painting someones nails. To be honest with you i woulnt waste my time. I use to paint for a living so i know if it would work or not i think it would look like crap to be honest and i would deal with the chips if you drive it everyday isnt like another truck isnt gonna kick a rock up on the highway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.