Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few weeks ago my buddy and i were putting some touch up paint on my side louvers and apparently there was a drip that we didnt see. now ive got a 3 inch dark drip line that runs right behind my side vents

any ideas on how to fix it?

·
Registered
746 Posts
you can use a razors edge to scrape down the run,get it level with the rest of the paint.
wet sand with 1000,1500 then polish out with a swirl mark remover.
becareful not to burn threw!try by hand before you use polisher.
or get someone who is skilled at this stuff,so you dont have to have it painted again. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
a few weeks ago my buddy and i were putting some touch up paint on my side louvers and apparently there was a drip that we didnt see. now ive got a 3 inch dark drip line that runs right behind my side vents

any ideas on how to fix it?
I'd use some Mineral Spirits or some Laquer Thinner and It'll wipe right off, then wash with soap and water right away and wax. I get them both from Wal Mart and they wont hurt the Clearcoat. They also work good to remove Road Tar and Tree Sap.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i was so worried abt using mineral spirits or paint thinner cuz i didnt wanna mess up my paint. to b honest im still scared to do it lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you use any paint thinner, I would reccommend the standard "test on an inconspicuous area first". I have used it a lot in woodworking, but never considered putting it on a car. Definitely have soap and water immediately available.

As opposed to a razor, you can call your local pharmacy and order a medical scalpel; it will be sharper, and should have a smaller blade that is less likely to cause damage. Prices and types can vary considerably.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yea I would try rubbing it off with something. The stock clear coat is a pain to buff back out to get the scratches out of it if you went the route of scraping it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.