Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i bought a 2005 mustang and i want to put some white racing stripes on it and i want to know what you think about decals and stripes?????? should i paint the stripes on or go with the decals??? and if i paint how much will it cost ive heard around 3500 is that correct???
thank you :worship

·
Registered
196 Posts
Do vinyl decals. As if you ever change your mind than you are out of luck. $3500 for a set of PAINTED racing stripes seems alittle out there. Must be the area. But a guy here quoted me $2500 for repainting the entire car and doing 3 different color scheme on it. And bodywork as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you pay attention to detail, you could put the decals on yourself. Painting should be left up to the experts, if you wanna good job.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Depends on size

A lot depends on whether or not you like the width of the decals. They're usually no more than 10" wide (each), and the look everyone likes is that of the show cars, which are always wider (and painted).

To paint them you have to prep the front fascia, hood, cowl vent, top, rear valance panel, trunk lid and rear bumper cover - not quite the whole car, but a big chunk of it. Then the stripe paint needs to be applied properly (not too heavy, or you'll have big, standing edges - a sign of an amateur job). Finally, 2 or 3 coats (I'd do 3 or more) of clear to seal everything, and mucho color sanding to get rid of orange peal. If you're smart, you'll have them shoot enough clear to color sand and buff out the entire car - you'll have a show-car finish at the end of the process.

At least $3500 to do it right - or a lot more if you got with doing the whole car - but that's largely due to the quality standard I'd hold them to.

tripleblack

red2005_mustang said:
hey i bought a 2005 mustang and i want to put some white racing stripes on it and i want to know what you think about decals and stripes?????? should i paint the stripes on or go with the decals??? and if i paint how much will it cost ive heard around 3500 is that correct???
thank you :worship

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so if i do vinyl stripes??

if i do vinyl stripes can i take them off? ive heard they can peel off on their own. Is that true?? i was just wondering if they are a bad thing to put on your car. will they ruin the paint job. i was thinking about getting vinyl stripes whille i save up to put painted stripes on it. so my two questions are, do you think vinyl stipes look good and is it possible to take the vinyl stripes off?? thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.