Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up all?

Im ordering myself a new hood, and i know a few ppl that paint cars, but i was wondering if anyone could help me out. Im looking for a list of everything ill need to do the job. Paint and chemicals that is... Hardware and such is not needed, they have all of that... I was quoted some prices for them and i feel its a little high, so im looking for some advice.. Send me anything and everything you got...

Thanks,
H3lls.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well you will need a wax and grease remover.

You need stir sticks, and strainers. Usually free at a paint supply store.

Masking paper. Don't use a newspaper.

Tape 3/4 inch and 2 inch.

A primer filler I use ppg ncp270 with a catalyst of ncx 275.

A primer sealer I use ppg dplf with dplf 402 catalyst.

A base coat of your color I use ppg dbu with reactive reducer dtr 1160-1170-1180.

And a clear coat. I use ppg concept 2002 catalyst dfx11 supercharger.

And some laquer thinner for clean up.

Also some mixing cups

Its definetly not cheap. I would go to a paint supply store.

What was the price they gave you?

·
Registered
44 Posts
LOL man I'm glad my dad paints cars.:laughlitt He repainted my whole car, all custom paint, roush body kit with pearl white and a pearl blue stripe free, family is great:kooky:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Even better yet Im glad I paint cars for a living! Its nice when you can do you stuff yourself and dont have to have others do it for ya!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shopping list

A little late I guess, but the person painting will have the best answer for that. I agree about being able to do it yourself. I painted the last 3 cars I owened. Save alot of $$. Even backed into someone a few months ago and fixed it that weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.