Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering painting my brake calipers red on my new 2011 GT/CS (black). I'm interested in hearing your opion on how this will look. Also, I'd appreciate any pics of red calipers on the 19" Argent Painted Machined-Aluminum wheels that come with the california package.

Thanks. :kooky:

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm considering painting my brake calipers red on my new 2011 GT/CS (black). I'm interested in hearing your opion on how this will look. Also, I'd appreciate any pics of red calipers on the 19" Argent Painted Machined-Aluminum wheels that come with the california package.

Thanks. :kooky:
I am sure it will look good. Though then you will have to wash your calipers too... lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I painted mine red. It gives the car a finished look. Do it you'll be happy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Instead of Painting them since it's so new, why not send them to be Red Powder Coated? It'll hold up better to the brake dust and abrasive wheels cleaners, and the durability will be well worth it in the long run since I assume you plan on having the car a while :)

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
unless it's a factory finish it always looks ricer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I used the word "painting" generically. I'm considering do-it-yourself paint kits vs. powder coating. My local shop wants to charge me $75/caliper to powder coat them, plus I'll have to pay a mechanic to remove the calipers and my car will be out of commission during the process. Do you think the extra expense and effort of powder coating is worth it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've got a black 06 GT - I've painted red. Red looks great, but Powder coating may be worth the expense. Every spring I have to take off the wheels and give another coat and touch-ups during the Summer. And I haven't done the neatest job either.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think they would look great in red!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Painting them looks nice on Brembo and the likes but painting stock is not Forbes me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the image. You guys rock! Car looks great. What do you think of the red calipers now that you've seen it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a red conv. and just put on the red caliper covers and it looks GREAT....

·
Registered
391 Posts
Paint them red, that picture looks great!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts