Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should we be waxing the 17" bullit wheels? I know they are painted wheels, so does that mean we can use the wax we use on the car, on the wheels also?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Should we be waxing the 17" bullit wheels? I know they are painted wheels, so does that mean we can use the wax we use on the car, on the wheels also?
Why not? if they are painted and clear coated, the wax would keep them shiny longer.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pcfrisch said:
Why not? if they are painted and clear coated, the wax would keep them shiny longer.
Ok cool! Just one more question. I waxed my car today then I took it out and it started raining. The wax doesn't need to dry or set after you wax it does it?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Ok cool! Just one more question. I waxed my car today then I took it out and it started raining. The wax doesn't need to dry or set after you wax it does it?
Nope, wax repels water.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
if you clean them every week or two, it's easier in long run. And, plan on jacking up the car in spring/fall, removing each wheel and cleaning/waxing the insides. Good time to check brakes/hoses, etc. also. The wax really does make it easier to clean the brake dust off.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
meatball said:
if you clean them every week or two, it's easier in long run. And, plan on jacking up the car in spring/fall, removing each wheel and cleaning/waxing the insides. Good time to check brakes/hoses, etc. also. The wax really does make it easier to clean the brake dust off.
Nice wheels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
meatball said:
Good advice!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
johnnymac said:
I am using a product called rejex on my painted wheels, so far so good. I use Zaino on the body paint and rejex on the wheels. The product seems to do as advertised. http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html. Read about it though, because it needs some set up time.
-- thanks, will check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts