Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does everyone who paint their calipers, paint them red? Has anyone with a black car painted them a different color? if so you can you send me some pics?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a pic you could send me or post?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I think the best would be black with red lettering...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm currently debating a caliper color choice right now. Red seems to be the overall consensus but I can't help thinking gold or orange might look good as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your responses. I do like the look of the black. The look I am going for is to not standout. I am debating between a dull gray and black.

·
Registered
777 Posts
On my black 2006 I had them painted white (car was black and white theme) and then changed it to black after 2 years.

White was a pain to keep clean

So went to black with a white pony decal

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

Think it just depends on the color "scheme" of your car. For example, I would NEVER think of white calipers on a black car, but with the white stripe, it looks pretty good. I had black accents with my Ingot silver when I got it, but it looked too boring and trite to me, so I went with the RED stripes and calipers. Now it's very unique and I like it.
RC

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Black is the way I am going to go since everything about my car is black, but probably a flat black. I never would have thought of white, but that looked awesome on your car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 2011 GT with the Brembo brakes. The factory calipers were painted flat gray, which faded and discolored pretty rapidly. I repainted them with G2 brake caliper paint; my color choice was Tungsten Gray. The paint is a two part epoxy, so you have a limited amount of time to brush it on after you mix in the hardener - but the stuff hardens to a high gloss and is tough as nails. I ordered replacement "Brembo" stickers from Stefanik Signs - these come in a high temperature vinyl and are also very durable.

The G2 paint is available in dozens of colors, some that match Mustang and Ford body colors. I would stay away from the rattlecan caliper paints, like Duplicolor. They always chip and fade after a few months. The brush-on 1-part epoxies are better, but they still deteriorate.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
A friend of mine polished and clear coated his and it looked outstanding. I was going that route but bought chrome wheels and I think the combo might be a bit too much.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
My car is Performance white with Red Le Mans stripes. Red was the only coice for caliper I considered.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I have a 2011 GT with the Brembo brakes. The factory calipers were painted flat gray, which faded and discolored pretty rapidly. I repainted them with G2 brake caliper paint; my color choice was Tungsten Gray. The paint is a two part epoxy, so you have a limited amount of time to brush it on after you mix in the hardener - but the stuff hardens to a high gloss and is tough as nails. I ordered replacement "Brembo" stickers from Stefanik Signs - these come in a high temperature vinyl and are also very durable.

The G2 paint is available in dozens of colors, some that match Mustang and Ford body colors. I would stay away from the rattlecan caliper paints, like Duplicolor. They always chip and fade after a few months. The brush-on 1-part epoxies are better, but they still deteriorate.
Hey, how about a link to those "brembo" stickers you got?

Did a google search and just found a place that does business signs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey, how about a link to those "brembo" stickers you got?

Did a google search and just found a place that does business signs.
Same guy. His website seems to be down. If you can't reach him through Facebook, I'd try Googling "Brembo stickers" - there are several outfits making these decals.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Another red.

[/URL]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts