Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do NOT buy painted mirror covers from American Muscle or probably any other place if you have the base 2011 v6- the passenger side covers don't fit. I got mine in the mail today, got the driver's one STUCK on the mirror, and scraped up my stock mirror covers trying to get them off to replace them only to find the new ones don't fit. I called CS and they're crediting me, but the worst part was that it was a known problem and they CONTINUE to be sold. Not to mention the plastic all around the edges of my mirrors are chipped now from trying to remove the new cover. :nono: Not to mention the paint was heavily streaked by the cellophane from the "on the go curing" in the UPS truck on the way here.

This definitely has put a quick stop to any other body modifications on my vehicle.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Do NOT buy painted mirror covers from American Muscle or probably any other place if you have the base 2011 v6- the passenger side covers don't fit. I got mine in the mail today, got the driver's one STUCK on the mirror, and scraped up my stock mirror covers trying to get them off to replace them only to find the new ones don't fit. I called CS and they're crediting me, but the worst part was that it was a known problem and they CONTINUE to be sold. Not to mention the plastic all around the edges of my mirrors are chipped now from trying to remove the new cover. :nono: Not to mention the paint was heavily streaked by the cellophane from the "on the go curing" in the UPS truck on the way here.

This definitely has put a quick stop to any other body modifications on my vehicle.
Hey, this sounds like a really bad experience! I'm really sorry about the trouble that you're having.

We sell a ton of pre-painted mirror covers and rarely hear any complaints. While our phone rep you spoke to was correct that we've heard of that issue before, it's not common at all - or we would have taken more action to correct it.

We randomly quality check and test fit product from inventory on our own 2011 Mustangs and have never run in to the problems that you're having. I am fowarding this to our product and fitment teams so that they can investigate to see if this stems from a bad batch or if this is a rare inconsistency.

Either way, I'm glad that our customer service team was able to make it somewhat right for you. I wouldn't be discouraged about putting aftermarket body mods on your Mustang, though. Like I said, we sell tons and have positive reviews and customer submitted images to show for it.

If there's anything we can do to fix this situation better, please do let me know. We stand behind all of the products we sell and will go out of our way for a fellow Mustang enthusiast!

Chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
This was a known issue in a thread over a month ago:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/297124-mirror-cover-problems.html

I've been on the fence about ordering these based on that thread, however I know AM has great customer service (will refund the defective parts) and I'm still not 100% sold that this is totally the product and not "user error" while installing.

In the meantime I plan on waiting a bit longer to see if complaints about this product are resolved for everyone.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I never thought there would be this kind of problem, and it's been going on for months? I plan on getting my stock covers painted, but if they don't fit right when I put them back on due to having to use so much force multiple times to get them on and off, I can see American Muscle is gonna be footing the bill to replace my stock ones...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/297124-mirror-cover-problems.html

I've been on the fence about ordering these based on that thread, however I know AM has great customer service (will refund the defective parts) and I'm still not 100% sold that this is totally the product and not "user error" while installing.

In the meantime I plan on waiting a bit longer to see if complaints about this product are resolved for everyone.
I just got a response from the head of our product team. I linked him to the thread you just posted and they are going to look into it first thing in the morning!

I'm really sorry about this, guys. We'll find out what's going on!

Chris

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think this is a user error when all the problems are with the passenger side and the same method as was used on the driver's side doesn't work for the passenger side either.

·
Registered
384 Posts

I was in the other thread. Trust me, The problem was not "user error"

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
I got a set for my wife's '11 V6 from a place in CA and have had none of these problems.

B

·
0 Posts
Thanks Chris. I had this issue as well and after getting a second set with the same issue I ended up being stuck with them since my oem driver side cover broke while being removed.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I got a set for my wife's '11 V6 from a place in CA and have had none of these problems.
I also ordered new painted mirror covers from DG Cutsom Auto
Mustang Mirror Covers - DG Custom Auto .

The paint job was perfect and they fit perfectly on the car. The installation instructions that came with them showed how to remove the old covers and install the new ones. Took 15 minutes.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Thanks Chris. I had this issue as well and after getting a second set with the same issue I ended up being stuck with them since my oem driver side cover broke while being removed.
I'm glad that we caught it now. Like I said, we've shipped hundreds of sets and had great feedback on them. When we confirm that whatever issue we find has been corrected, I'll shoot you out a new set!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Glad to hear that you didn't have any problems with them! This is the most common feedback that we have had.

For everyone else we're looking into it and will get this figured out. Sounds like we might be getting a bad mold or two before paint. Like I said, we randomly test fit these things and do random quality checks and never found an issue.

OP, we'll stand behind the product and help you with any damages caused by the old ones and get you out a new set once we determine the cause.

Thanks for your understanding and your business!

B

·
0 Posts
I'm glad that we caught it now. Like I said, we've shipped hundreds of sets and had great feedback on them. When we confirm that whatever issue we find has been corrected, I'll shoot you out a new set!
I really appreciate that Emily. I just need the right side! lol.

BTW, I put in feedback online about these mirrors and I don't think it got posted.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
This truly shows how great AM's customer service is. From some one going through problems with a local tint shop, it's great to see good business ethics like this.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Sorry, that was actually me. This damn plugin logs me in to AMStanger occasionally and I don't realize it until after I post!

AMStanger is now actually Chris Young, who used to be one of our Customer Service Team Leads. He will be posting here from now on in Emily's place. He's a good guy and he'll hook you up!

I'll also try not to log into the AMStanger account by accident anymore! It's confusing enough that we're both Chris', LOL.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts

The paint job was perfect and they fit perfectly on the car. The installation instructions that came with them showed how to remove the old covers and install the new ones. Took 15 minutes.

Yes, that is the place that I got mine from.

·
Registered
381 Posts

I've been using the DG ones since i bought my car in October 2010. They are OEM and have been painted. Ford sells the OEM ones in a ready to paint finish. I'm guessing that's what DG uses. They have the Ford logo inside. They popped off and popped on pretty easily.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts