Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get my mirrors painted, either full or partial body color. Has anyone done either of these or have pictures of either. If so I would appreciate some pics, thanx

·
Registered
829 Posts
vnovabri said:
I wanted to get my mirrors painted, either full or partial body color. Has anyone done either of these or have pictures of either. If so I would appreciate some pics, thanx
I have seen a few here already and they just sand the black mirrors and paint them. All I have heard some have "the bumps in with the smooth" from the sanding process show. Don't wax or Armoral them etc. if you intend to paint them. I plan on painting mine completely, (I have seen just the top half on one) the body color. Try a search and see if they show up.

·
Registered
394 Posts
vnovabri said:
I had the dealer paint the mirrors, side skirts, and Roush hood scoop Sonic Blue before they put them on the car. Looks great and really makes it stand out when parked next to a "stock" car. No bumps or sanding marks show through...the body shop did an outstanding job.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
heres mine....... you can still see the texture, but the paint is smooth, and YES I have waxed em....... polished em....... so far so good....... for about 3 months of daily driving

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
vnovabri said:
Painted Mirrors make a BIG DIFFERENCE in the appearance of the car...

See!!!

Dave :winks :winks :winks :winks

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
discofan said:
Painted Mirrors make a BIG DIFFERENCE in the appearance of the car...

See!!!

Dave :winks :winks :winks :winks
Dave, Did you take them off to paint them?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Painted mine too, and I think it looks so much better. :happyhapp

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
sandyman said:
Dave, Did you take them off to paint them?
Dear Sandyman,

Had the paint shop remove them to prep and paint as well as the spoiler too...

No overspray problems...

Easy to remove for the shop...

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
interesting...dunno if i like or not. seems to take the contrast away from the car a bit. doesn't look bad, it's def. one of the better mods i've seen ;-)

·
Registered
196 Posts
selfdisplaced said:
interesting...dunno if i like or not. seems to take the contrast away from the car a bit. doesn't look bad, it's def. one of the better mods i've seen ;-)
NOPE you gotta go one way or the other. Which is it :thumbsup :yakyak:

·
Registered
116 Posts
haha-

well if it was mine, i wouldn't do it, put it that way. ;-)

i have a silver 05, and everything about the car is black and silver. right now it's a perfect balance, especially with the black stripes i just had done:) so i guess it depends more of what the other colors of the car are.

it's def. a close call, but in the end i think i like the black better, but that's just me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Had my spoiler and mirrors painted at the same time...

My shop charged me $300.00 for entire job including installation...

Mirrors only will probably be half that price...

Dave :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts